Lumia 950 XL, Do I ditch or keep?

Gerry Brennan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis 17 years ago and have found the Windows phone to be extremely functional for my needs:
1. Large box icons help with my touch sensitivity, I have numbness in the finger tips.
2. Cortana has been the best as far as recognizing my requests.
3. The keyboard is easier to use.

Here is where I am at, the continued lack of apps. I have been able to pin web pages, but now these web pages are forcing me to download an app (Android).

So, my question to all is, are there any work arounds to help me to keep the phone or am I stuck?

If anyone else suffers from the same condition, do you have any suggestions?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't suffer with MS, but I did spend many years semi-paralysed with incredibly weak limb muscles (The slow onset version of Guillain–Barré syndrome) so I have some clue as to what you are going through.

I am keeping my 950XL going for as long as I can, partly because I am tight fisted, partly out of sheer bloody mindedness, and partly because I hate the alternatives.

But so many others are abandoning WP now and that has nothing to do with any medical problems, so you wouldn't be the only one doing it.

The real bottom line is down to you, does it work for you, any chance you could get a shot of the alternatives to see how they work for your condition and the final question is Are Microsoft going let us know what future plans they have for full blown Windows on smaller devices (That have telephony enabled apps), but don't call it a mobile..........

Good luck whichever way you go.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Ahh yes Iphone does have some accessibility. Not sure if this helps...

e40a9b2338d1257639765315cb244d02.jpg

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Would it work for you to change settings in Edge for your website from mobile to pc version and pin it again to start, that way the site might not ask you to install an app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa