Enabling Wifi calling

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Im using the Verizon model Elite X3. I enabled in the registry the needed keys to make available wifi calling. I never have used the feature but am wondering if it works and how to test it? Any ideas how to verify it actually works?

In a registy editor go Under the Key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific:

Over there, you will see a key with a numeric name, that's where the WiFi calling can be enabled; if there are more of those keys listed, figure out which IMSI is active. Open it, open CellUX, then look for the keys named ShowWiFiCalling, ShowWiFiCallingPreferences and DefaultWiFiCallingPreference. Open them up and change the value inside from 0 to 1. If the keys are not there, create them manually. These are Integer Dword values.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\<active imsi number>\CellUX
Add and/or set these keys to 1

DefaultWiFiCallingPreference - set to 1
ShowWiFiCalling - set to 1
ShowWiFiCallingPreferences - set to 1

ShowWiFiCallingPreferences - can be set to 1 or you can also set to 7 to show an additional 2 options in the drop down menu.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cellular\MVSettings\IMSISpecific\Default\CellUX
Add and/or set this key to 1

ShowVoLTEToggle - set to 1

- Enabling the VoLTE Toggle on the GSM model has no effect on enabling VoLTE on GSM. Seems HP has not supported this on GSM models yet. On the VZW model this enables the IMS registration toggle (VoLTE) which is already set up by default.

Attachments

• x3wificalling.jpg
    x3wificalling.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, dunno about wm10, but in Android it's an icon that has the Wi-Fi logo with a phone, at least on my s8+, on my wife's iPhone it just says the words. Good luck though!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure about Verizon ... but this is what it looks like on my idol 4s with Tmo when I choose Wi-Fi preferred. Don't know if it makes a difference but my SIM is installed also.

wp_ss_20171208_0004.jpg

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I take it back. I have two non carrier WM devices - 950xl and Elite X3. In the US at least the phone carrier sets VoLTE availability on the device. I've seen on XDA mentions of registry hacks for this but not in the US.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I take it back. I have two non carrier WM devices - 950xl and Elite X3. In the US at least the phone carrier sets VoLTE availability on the device. I've seen on XDA mentions of registry hacks for this but not in the US.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

I can enable hd voice/volte on the 950 xl and 950 dual sim. They are capable for sure.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure about Verizon ... but this is what it looks like on my idol 4s with Tmo when I choose Wi-Fi preferred. Don't know if it makes a difference but my SIM is installed also.

View attachment 138291

Thanks. Does it show that icon if you call your VM on Wifi? Also did you need to populate/fill out what is on the other end of the Emergency Adress button?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I do not think I can get Wifi Calling to work officially on VZ with the Elite X3. Maybe on T-mobile I could Because I have a working example with the Idol 4s...

Seems Verizon manages connected devices that are hd voice/wifi calling capable through the my verizion portal and my device is not showing up as a "Connected Device". I will keep looking at this but for now the feature is there and can be enabled, it's just that VZ is not supporting or HP is not supporting VZ with the Elite X3 at this time.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nate! So I have an x3 on AT&T, and you are saying I should be able to get this working?

Unlocked Elite x3 Dual Sim...

Enable this in the registry so that you can see the functions (drop down and settings)...yes.

Will it work...I have no clue yet. I have not found a way to get it to work.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
To be able to edit the registry you can follow the XDA forums directions for installing the latest working version of interop tools. I can share the keys to add...give me some time and I will add them to the post.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Howdy. No go for the Elite x 3. However I figured out a way to enable Wi-Fi calling VoLTE and HD voice for T mobile on to the 950 XL. Still, testing, it. Working out some problems, but it works pretty well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro