How to fix an Exchange server email account?

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Posting in the proper forum now that I'm logged in so that I can get email replies + added a bit more detail. Sorry!

My phone is a Nokia Lumia Icon running Windows 10. My work email is an exchange server account through Microsoft 365. It requires me to change my password every 90 days, but I have no ability to change it on my phone for some reason. It's changed online and on my mail app on my desktop, but it only ever gives me "fix" or "dismiss" when it tells me my settings are out of date, but neither of those buttons does anything.

Since I couldn't seem to get it to work, I deleted the account from my list and thought I'd re-add it, but when I go to re-add it, my phone tells me that the account already exists, even though it's not in the list of accounts on my phone. (And it still shows up under the mail accounts when I'm using the "manage my accounts" screen in the outlook mail app itself, but I can't seem to do anything with it there either.) So now I'm really stuck.

Why is this so hard? How can I get my email back on my phone and be able to change the password whenever I need to? I'm allowed by the IT department with my work to change this stuff on my own, and have no problems on any of my other computers, only with the phone.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Posting in the proper forum now that I'm logged in so that I can get email replies + added a bit more detail. Sorry!

Saw the other one. It's sleeping with the fishes now.

Did you check if it's visible in the desktop mail app? maybe under cortana settings as well? I would remove it from everywhere and then try again.

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
OK, I deleted it from my desktop app, and I can still see it on my phone, even after restarting the phone and computer. I don't see a way to delete it from my phone? There might be something I'm missing, as the name implies, I'm not exactly a "super user". :amaze:

I updated the login via the edge browser on my phone and can login there easily, but that didn't fix the account in my phone's mail app. Do I need to delete the mail app altogether and reinstall? I'd rather not reinstall all of my email accounts, but I can if I need to. But I really don't want to have to do this every 90 days, I'm hoping there is just something I'm missing.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok since you've already purged the system, I would suggest waiting a day or two. Otherwise I could try to replicate the issue on my 640 running w10m. It's not my main phone so I don't mind lol

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Weird. My phone had an update last night, and today, it let me fix the error. Still not sure why it was an issue before, and I'm concerned about it being an issue again, but for the next couple of months at least it's working again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)