Is this phone ever getting any insider updates?

Ukyo

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got this phone recently from the MS fire sale. Signed up for the insider builds and so haven't received any yet and it's been weeks.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
AFAIK MS has stopped pushing insider builds for a while now. I got an unlocked idol 4s a few days ago. Rooted it and made my edits and changes. Used several xda methods. Fun times.

Al moon

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
AFAIK MS has stopped pushing insider builds for a while now. I got an unlocked idol 4s a few days ago. Rooted it and made my edits and changes. Used several xda methods. Fun times.

Forgive my complete idiocy on the topic but im trying to "hack" my recently purchased 4s if you can guide me in any way id much appreciate it. Is it at all possible to sideload apps on it? i had and old lumia phone years ago that you could do things to but right now im lost as to where to start. How can i root it and what do the edits do to it?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Forgive my complete idiocy on the topic but im trying to "hack" my recently purchased 4s if you can guide me in any way id much appreciate it. Is it at all possible to sideload apps on it? i had and old lumia phone years ago that you could do things to but right now im lost as to where to start. How can i root it and what do the edits do to it?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/wi...idol-4s-windows-10-development-t3558286/page4

That was the forum I followed. It all there.

What you'll need is:

-Enable Developer Mode
-Install Interop Tools (Store) in the mobile MS Store
-Install NDTKSvc.dll onto the phone
-Open Interop Tools and unlock Full File System

You can theoretically sideload any APPX file as long as it's compatible with the OS.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

I am returning the phone tomorrow. Some issues still bugging me. Bluetooth slow to connect to my car. My wife's iPhone 7s connects within 5 seconds no problem. All Windows 10 mobile phones I've used took 5 minutes or more. Cortana doesn't respond. But she perks up when not invoked at all. Even yelling "HEY CORTANA" at the tops of my lungs doesn't invoke her often times. Other long standing issues that I've passionately sent feedback on never still not fixed. Same reasons I returned my Lumia 950XL. OS is utter crap still. Hardware mediocre performance. Going back to Android again after a week.

Al moon

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro