Why does my Lumia 950 black out when i take a picture?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have this happen on their unit? Once in a while i try to take a pic the phone blacks out on me and i have to remove the battery and restart the phone and the pic i take doesn't save. #annoying

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have this happen on their unit? Once in a while i try to take a pic the phone blacks out on me and i have to remove the battery and restart the phone and the pic i take doesn't save. #annoying

Do you use an external sd card?
And are you running any preview version of windows?
What about app updates, do you have the latest?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Do you use an external sd card?
And are you running any preview version of windows?
What about app updates, do you have the latest?
Yeah, I'm running an sd card. Yes, the last preview update. It should be updated. I just recently replaced my battery, because it kept rebooting. It fixed the problem, but now I'm facing this issue with the phone.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Does it happen only when using flash? Try taking a photo without flash, if that works it's probably the new battery that isn't ok. Could also be the SD-card, try removing it and saving photos to phonememory to troubleshoot. Had to reformat my SD-card last spring after creators update when it got corrupted so I couldn't view some photos without phone crashing works fine now after reformat and hard reset of phone.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen only when using flash? Try taking a photo without flash, if that works it's probably the new battery that isn't ok. Could also be the SD-card, try removing it and saving photos to phonememory to troubleshoot. Had to reformat my SD-card last spring after creators update when it got corrupted so I couldn't view some photos without phone crashing works fine now after reformat and hard reset of phone.
i tried it today and took pics with a flash and it turned back. I took shots with out the flash and it only turns back once in a while. Ill try to remove the card and try to reformat it and hopefully it fixes the camera issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss