Core OS Upgrade for W10M Phones

ronaldlangley

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

I was just wondering the other day (and I'm not sure this question was raised or discussed already in another forum/thread): It's one thing that Microsoft no longer focuses on W10M, but couldn't they just simply provide Core OS as an upgrade for let's say the latest and most powerful W10M handsets (e.g. 950/950XL, HP Elite x3, etc.)? I think out would be a really nice move from Microsoft. Do you want a foldable, note-taking, brand new device? Get the Andromeda. Do you have perfectly fine and beloved W10M handset? Upgrade to Core OS. What do you think?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I think MS wants to bury any relation to W10M, like they did to Nokia...and their W10m fans. Kill it dead. Along with fan loyalty.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Unlikely to happen, as Microsoft has shifted focus. W10M devices are in maintenance mode only to receive patches and security updates. Would be an interesting gesture from Microsoft though if they did, most would be surprised and not know how to react. Stranger things have happened with Microsoft I suppose though. My guess is you would need to look to the hacker/developer community to find a way to port it if even possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers