Interop Unlock - Artist Images on Groove

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Yaaaaay! I'm back to the Windows nightmare. So, vcREG on XDAdevs is not working for me, I'm guessing that's because of I'm on the latest official release of w10m. Does anyone know how to get full system files access to set up proper artist images? Or on which version of W10M I should be to get vcREG working? or any other solution to get proper artist images, I don't care how, even if it involves sacrificing goats to satan.
Thanks in advance guys.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yaaaaay! I'm back to the Windows nightmare. So, vcREG on XDAdevs is not working for me, I'm guessing that's because of I'm on the latest official release of w10m. Does anyone know how to get full system files access to set up proper artist images? Or on which version of W10M I should be to get vcREG working? or any other solution to get proper artist images, I don't care how, even if it involves sacrificing goats to satan.
Thanks in advance guys.
Follow this site which links to the xda thread to install interop tools and gain file system access. As far as artist images I don't see why unlocking that would help. My groove populates them once I'm on the internet....

Edit: Btw. Vcreg should work too to edit the keys needed. Unless you're on an x50 series Lumia or a newer OEM handset that ran W10M out of the box. These phones require a slightly different path for gaining full access.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
This is 950xl forum so I'm most certainly on a 950xl :p
Yeah I knew about this unlock but as you stated it's not usefull for my phone sadly. I've looked around and Windows Internals should do the trick but it would lend the iris scanner useless. I should ask arround to see if someone unlocked bootloader gained root access and locked back the bootloader. (the custom BL is what "bricks" the BL) Allegedly it should be possible, but I'm not sure if the root access would persist with the bootloader locked.
Which file format do you use for your music? I'm using m4a now and it does a lousy job finding artist images. Idk if the format could have anything to do. Mine are rips from CDs, is your library cloud based? That could explain you having all artist images right. Album arts are fine cause they were embeded on the files.
The unlock would be to access the files were this images are located and edit them manually, there's already someone on the forums who pointed out where they are located and how to edit them but I need full sys files access to do so.
Thanks for your interest.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh and if you have any kind of insight on how to manage my music library in order to get proper artist images from groove that'd be nice. (which program to get/edit metadata, cause I currently use Itunes) Thanks in advance.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ah maybe that is it. I use mostly MP3. All are stored on Onedrive and I sync them to my devices whenever needed.

To gain access to the file system on the 950 XL you do not need to unlock the boot loader with WP internals. You certainly can do it that way if you please. I access the file system for the 950 xl via SFTP.

Install Interop Tools
- I originally used version InteropTools_1.9.437.0_arm_RC3. But you can use the one from the link I gave earlier. When you install the Interop tools you will need to use the method for X50 devices where you push the Nokia Device Tool kit packages to your lumia. These are just legacy packages to get access to the registry and other areas for unlocking. It will involve the vcreg app with x50 device support.

Install Swish
- Google swish sftp (there is a source forge link for it). This sftp client works well on W10 and is for explorer sftp support.

Gain access to the file systems using Interop Tools app.
- In Interop Tools go the SSH--Account Manager and add an account. The account user name should be System.

- Tap the account System so it is highlighted and then tap templates to use.

- Tap enable full file system access with sftp. Then go to the template options and hit the authentication drop down setting it to password.

- Add the password (4 digit pin of your choice).

- Once your phone is on wifi, add an SFTP Connection under Swish. Set the user to system. The server to the Wifi ip of your device. Set the path to /c/. Once added double click it and login with the pin you set. Explorer will open with your phones files. There is another guide that might have more detail on sftp file system access made by snickler in the XDA forums if you need to see more about this method.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought it recently and it came with the latest w10m build installed (bought second hand) and interop doesn't work on it, I've already tried. Internals doesn't support it yet but I think development for it is still alive so it might work with the version I'm on right now. I'll try syncyng my music via one drive, maybe that way it'll work better. Bad thing is I don't have much space in onedrive, and I'd really like to take advantage over that 128gb microsd :p
Thanks for your help, I might consider downgrading and trying what you propose, but hell, downgrading is tedious, I might just wait till internals supports the build I'm on.
GL man

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I unlock all my windows phones for file system access no matter what OS version (1520, 930, 929, 830, 640 XL, 650, 950 XL, IDOL 4s, Elite X3 etc). The only difference with the 950/950 XL is it has to be done via SFTP unless you unlock the boot loader and use mass storage to connect. You do not need to downgrade to interop unlock the 950 XL. Might need a hard reset, but no downgrade needed that I know of.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I don't know what SFTP is but I'll google it. I'll attach an image with the list of supported OS versions for root unlock listed on windows internals:
SupportWI2.4.jpg
Mine is 10.0.15254.369 which is not listed. Maybe the last numbers don't matter much cause they refer to small patches and the core stuff of the os version is the same. I guess you could enlight me a little, I would not like to have to make a clean install (due to some **** up in this whole processes) cause now Instagram is dead and there's not an unsigned app yet to deploy nor revamped Project Astoria, I could use likegram but it's not as good. I could live without IG but if I can I'd like to keep the app on the phone.
Thanks a lot for your help guys. Regards, Lucas.

Last edited:

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry I re-readed your previous comment and saw you mentioned SFTP, anyways, as I could understand I need my phone interop unlocked with vcreg to use it right? That's it :p sorry, but time has passed and forgot the details about your other reply.

lucaspedersoli

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by nate0
I unlock all my windows phones for file system access no matter what OS version (1520, 930, 929, 830, 640 XL, 650, 950 XL, IDOL 4s, Elite X3 etc). The only difference with the 950/950 XL is it has to be done via SFTP unless you unlock the boot loader and use mass storage to connect. You do not need to downgrade to interop unlock the 950 XL. Might need a hard reset, but no downgrade needed that I know of.

Hey I thought you may have not seen my reply cause I didn't use the quote option. Thanks in advance :T

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes you need to have it unlocked with vcreg first. Install Interop Tools. Then enable it from Interop Tools. Find a SFTP client to use. I like using Swish, despite some its quirks it works just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb