HP Elite X3 vs Xiaomi Mi Note 2

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

This is NOT an Android vs WM10 post. I wanted to ask in terms of hardware, which is better?

I am getting a very good offer on the X3 with a dock and in warranty - Roughly AED 1400.

But what I wanted to know if it is worth the money. I am more than happy selling my Mi Note 2 for a X3.

And secondly, the support cycle.

How long does MS/HP plan to support the device in terms of bug fixes and new updates?

Really appreciate your replies.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I almost bought a Mi Note 2 at one point. I have never used or seen one though. Really good specs, but I cannot offer any input there except a little bit about the X3.
The Elite X3 is an incredibly interesting device to me. One thing I'll share is I do not know of any other device out there (mobile phone) that can operate at 15 degrees Fahrenheit or 131 degrees Fahrenheit. Some can do it in a non-operating state but not while in use, at least not for very long. Something tells me HP built this thing to last. So as far as the quality of it, it is worth its penny. You may not need it to work in those types of conditions but it shows what it is capable of...

I live where it easily gets 115 degrees. So I find this a good feature just in itself.

However I think it is subjective too on one hand you have an Android driven device compared to Windows 10 Mobile on a device so I would say the real bet would be on OS support. Is the Mi Note 2 going to be supported until 2019 of October/November? Because it seems that is how much more time the Last release of Windows 10 Mobile has currently. However I am not sure how HP as an OEM comes into play on the updates (like if OEM OS drivers/services from their end will keep being maintained too).

Windows 10 Life cycle chart says mainstream support for the latest release will end around November of 2019. Check it out here.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I almost bought a Mi Note 2 at one point. I have never used or seen one though. Really good specs, but I cannot offer any input there except a little bit about the X3.
The Elite X3 is an incredibly interesting device to me. One thing I'll share is I do not know of any other device out there (mobile phone) that can operate at 15 degrees Fahrenheit or 131 degrees Fahrenheit. Some can do it in a non-operating state but not while in use, at least not for very long. Something tells me HP built this thing to last. So as far as the quality of it, it is worth its penny. You may not need it to work in those types of conditions but it shows what it is capable of...

I live where it easily gets 115 degrees. So I find this a good feature just in itself.

However I think it is subjective too on one hand you have an Android driven device compared to Windows 10 Mobile on a device so I would say the real bet would be on OS support. Is the Mi Note 2 going to be supported until 2019 of October/November? Because it seems that is how much more time the Last release of Windows 10 Mobile has currently. However I am not sure how HP as an OEM comes into play on the updates (like if OEM OS drivers/services from their end will keep being maintained too).

Windows 10 Life cycle chart says mainstream support for the latest release will end around November of 2019. Check it out here.

Thank you Nate. I know what you are saying. The device does look robust. In fact, one of the reason why I am thinking of buying it is because it is solid. However, my worry is the lifeline. If the support drops, I would be at a loss.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Nate. I know what you are saying. The device does look robust. In fact, one of the reason why I am thinking of buying it is because it is solid. However, my worry is the lifeline. If the support drops, I would be at a loss.

Ya, I am not sure what the timeline of October/November 2019 means exactly. Like can that be modified in the future to change to an earlier date or only for a later date. I am not familiar enough with the agreement Microsoft has with WaaS to say that till the end of 2019 support is final or not.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You might want to consider also, that if you have already switched to Android then it might be easier and cheaper to just stay there.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What support? Must Android phones don't even get anything after one year.

It doesn't matter (to the average consumer). To you, "support" means updates. To most people, "support" means that the apps still work. They do, going back quite a few years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99