How do people see you when you say to them that "You are using Windows phone”?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Using Remote Desktop or GoToMeeting on a Windows phone usually shuts their pie holes quickly. Not much else can but.........

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Many are interested. As a windows phone is hardly known, there is curosity about the phone. But that's where the conversation ends. The reality is many have an iPhone or android device. The conversation goes as far as comparing functionality.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Many are interested. As a windows phone is hardly known, there is curosity about the phone. But that's where the conversation ends. The reality is many have an iPhone or android device. The conversation goes as far as comparing functionality.

I can relate. Some get blown away when I tell them I can browse and use YouTube with no ads on my Windows Phone. But then they pull out an AR app or game in comparison too or some other feature not found on Windows phones. Apps I cannot find on my Lumia that I would like to use, need, or try. Sometimes those little things can be distracting or add up. I tend to bounce back and forth from Windows phones to Android phones because of this.

Just a rant:
There will always be a place for Microsoft's OS for people. Right now its optimally and best experienced on a pc/tablet/laptops/2 in 1s, etc. For obvious reasons (Features/Apps/hardware experience etc).
Microsoft is focusing their power on that biggest piece of the pie for them. We know that market is there and keeps growing. Windows phones are lagging behind little by little and we are not sure when they will entirely end. The Pureview camera technology top rated is almost completely overshadowed. No real new features. Even though some trickle in not many new needed apps are coming or some are dropping. Phones are dying or breaking and there are no new Windows smartphone hardware coming. It's a bummer honestly because they chose for it to be this way.
Folks still need a great email experience. Folks need word processing and data sheets. I'm not certain how all this will play out into the future though for many users using handhelds. I suppose once Microsoft is ready to showcase where there progress is heading for Windows they will provide other experiences for mobile. We just prefer that it would have happened already and that it will have been a replacement for that slowly dying Windows Phone we still use daily.

Last edited:

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
People are shocked at how awesome the HP is and they think it's some new type of phone they haven't heard about. They are particularly impressed at the screen.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I wish I had read this earlier. My Moto G5S plus arrived only a week ago. Everyone in my family except my father has switched to Android. There is a bricked Lumia 535 in my study - a reminiscent of the days when I was in love with a phone. Android is great but I don't feel anything. Pretty much like a second marriage after divorcing the one you knew was 'the one'.

Love the last sentence of your post. Been there and done that and regret it every day. Now back to my X3.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I always thought it was a useful concept. Bought an extra battery for whatever phone I had. Then never used it. ������
I still think it was a nice choice to have.
I've never been able to wrap my head around people who b***h and moan about wanting wafer-thin phones and then turn around and hang those hideous Mophie battery packs on them. I think the new Moto Z3 Play comes with a battery Moto Mod included, which makes perfect sense since the phone is only 6.5mm thick. Did I miss something?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've never been able to wrap my head around people who b***h and moan about wanting wafer-thin phones and then turn around and hang those hideous Mophie battery packs on them. I think the new Moto Z3 Play comes with a battery Moto Mod included, which makes perfect sense since the phone is only 6.5mm thick. Did I miss something?

I hear ya. Until battery technology improves, we can’t have our cake and eat it too.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
People are completely shocked at the X3. Most comment on the beautiful screen and you can see the recognition at the live tiles but confusion at the same time.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I was eating diner at the Ottawa, Canada International airport last week on US side, Senate Chambers Restaurant, and noticed a Windows Phone broadcasting hotspot. Would it have been weird if I yelled out load, who in the h$!! has a Windows Phone? Anyway, this is my first close encounter with another Windows Phone out in the Wild in at least 3 years. Keep in mind I travel almost weekly and meet lots of people. I was actually using my Idol 4S at the time cuz my V20 was charging. What are the odds, two Windows Phones in the same public place at same time.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I was eating diner at the Ottawa, Canada International airport last week on US side, Senate Chambers Restaurant, and noticed a Windows Phone broadcasting hotspot. Would it have been weird if I yelled out load, who in the h$!! has a Windows Phone? Anyway, this is my first close encounter with another Windows Phone out in the Wild in at least 3 years. Keep in mind I travel almost weekly and meet lots of people. I was actually using my Idol 4S at the time cuz my V20 was charging. What are the odds, two Windows Phones in the same public place at same time.

It is like an eclipse. Rare event but bound to happen :)

patb63

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I was on a business trip with a colleague three weeks ago. He dogged me about my Windows phone (950 XL) to the client we were having dinner with, saying I was only one of two people in the US still using a Windows phone. When the client paid for our meal, my colleague wanted to take a picture of the event on his iPhone. When he couldn't get his camera to work, he asked me to use my phone to take the picture and send it to him. Justice was served!!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I was on a business trip with a colleague three weeks ago. He dogged me about my Windows phone (950 XL) to the client we were having dinner with, saying I was only one of two people in the US still using a Windows phone. When the client paid for our meal, my colleague wanted to take a picture of the event on his iPhone. When he couldn't get his camera to work, he asked me to use my phone to take the picture and send it to him. Justice was served!!

Sounds more like user error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett