Re bought 950 xl

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I got one off ebay and it's working Great! There's some good ones on Swappa too. You just have to be real careful with ebay or anywhere really!

I was looking around also, and was wondering if there is a difference between dual Sim and single Sim ? I'm on tmobile, so I'm not too sure, but I'd like a 950 xl if I was sure which would work best...

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was looking around also, and was wondering if there is a difference between dual Sim and single Sim ? I'm on tmobile, so I'm not too sure, but I'd like a 950 xl if I was sure which would work best...
I don't think there's a difference in terms of performance but maybe somebody on here would know better. I'm on T Mobile as well and my reception. Is great? I may be selling mine soon if I do I'll let you know. I can't decide which of these devices I want to keep long term as they ate both Great. Haha

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

There is really not much of a difference. One shows two sim slots in the system tray and Settings. You have two phone apps. The other has only one of all those things.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There is really not much of a difference. One shows two sim slots in the system tray and Settings. You have two phone apps. The other has only one of all those things.
Agreed. The 1st 950XL I owned was dual SIM. The one I currently own is a single sim. Performance was the same.

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there's a difference in terms of performance but maybe somebody on here would know better. I'm on T Mobile as well and my reception. Is great? I may be selling mine soon if I do I'll let you know. I can't decide which of these devices I want to keep long term as they ate both Great. Haha

The one thing I'm wondering is if it's even worth buying, especially if it's only being supported for one more year, as far as I seem it could be a waste of time... More of a case of my heart ruling my brain.. 😂

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The one thing I'm wondering is if it's even worth buying, especially if it's only being supported for one more year, as far as I seem it could be a waste of time... More of a case of my heart ruling my brain.. ??????
I agree.
I love the OS in and out. The ability to alter and tweak Windows phones is also one of the main reasons I still buy them and continue to use them daily. IMO most people who would still buy a 950 XL are either curious, in love it, don't care about apps, or prefer the native enterprise mobility features (Outlook, Office, SharePoint, Yammer, etc.)

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I just received my new 950XL from ebay and it was a sealed box and appears to be actually a new unused phone. Prior to installing sim and SD, I ran all the updates starting from 2016 build it came with. It didn't skip to 1709, so it took several hours. Phone runs fine overall, way better than my Idol 4S. However, TMO signal strength is down 2 bars on average vs my TMO V20 and Idol. Similar issue I had with X3 I tested last year. 4glte a little slower than V20, so I guess I need the volte hack. Anyway, it's now my primary phone :) And the camera rocks, obviously.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
However, TMO signal strength is down 2 bars on average vs my TMO V20 and Idol. Similar issue I had with X3 I tested last year. 4glte a little slower than V20, so I guess I need the volte hack. Anyway, it's now my primary phone :) And the camera rocks, obviously.
The bars may or may not depict accurate signal from a UI perspective. Those actually can vary between device makers even if the signal is the same on both devices. It's just whatever they choose it to be in the software config. The V20 faster, well I hope it would be, it taps out at cat12 where the Lumia sits at cat6 LTE. The V20 is newer hw too.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
The bars may or may not depict accurate signal from a UI perspective. Those actually can vary between device makers even if the signal is the same on both devices. It's just whatever they choose it to be in the software config. The V20 faster, well I hope it would be, it taps out at cat12 where the Lumia sits at cat6 LTE. The V20 is newer hw too.

I've been using it for a week and signal hasn't been a problem other than in my house which has more to do with location vs TMo towers. Other phones in my house use wifi calling which is not an option for the 950xl. It works good enough, few drop calls here and there, no big deal. I'm still amazed that I can actually tell the UI works better on 950XL than Idol 4S. Scrolling and switching in and out of apps is definitely faster. Touch screen seems more responsive than Idol 4S.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting on a 950 XL, should arrive in the next few days which I bought off ebay for £124 or so including delivery.

Will see how it goes, as my L930 (second replacement also off ebay) is acting up however it was only bought for £50 or so. It needs a hard reset however it is just far too tedious to set up all my email accounts again with 2FA (I have over a dozen - for compartmentalisaton and spam filtering) and it's starting to have screen + battery issues. It would cost me the same amount I paid for the phone to fix the screen and the charging issues as it needs a new usb port and battery.

I'm curious about the VoLTE hack and any other hacks primarily anything that will allow me to set a damn static IP address. I was on holiday until saturday and the hotel had 6 ssids!

Long story short it was a mess.

If I had been able to set a static ip address on my L930 it would have saved me so much aggravation - as it would connect with 172.x.x.x and few feet into the hotel room - dropped connection and connected with 169.x.x.x Z.z.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Anyone having problems updating or installing MSN Money, MSN Sports and Weather? All 3 were not updating on my 950xl. I then had the bright idea of uninstalling the apps and reinstalling. Well, Money and Sports wont install now! Uninstalling Weather was not an option so it's still working but not updating. Anyone else have this problem?

Galway 77

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having problems updating or installing MSN Money, MSN Sports and Weather? All 3 were not updating on my 950xl. I then had the bright idea of uninstalling the apps and reinstalling. Well, Money and Sports wont install now! Uninstalling Weather was not an option so it's still working but not updating. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the same problem on lumia 640, but with the windows maps app... It wouldn't update, so I uninstalled it, and now gives an error code when trying to download....

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem on lumia 640, but with the windows maps app... It wouldn't update, so I uninstalled it, and now gives an error code when trying to download....

Hard reset worked for me. Unfortunately it wipes your phone, so backup anything that's not on cloud storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077