No space on 925.4 Lumia 32 gb hard drive

kasfig

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
After recently upgrading to the operating system Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise Version 1511 and increasing the virtual ram to 1gb with the kind help of forum member fin11, My phone is working perfectly now.
However I notice that even though I have the 32gb version there is no free space left on the drive. It is in fact almost full.
Whilst it is true I have a couple of largeish apps (JW Library and Navmii satnav with 600mb UK map downloaded) I wouldnt have thought the apps I have installed should take up THAT amount of space on the drive. The visible folders in file explorer have not got massive amounts of things in them .
I am wondering if there are any surplus files hidden somewhere - maybe who knows - old operating system files that might be deletable.
The phone originally had Windows 8.1 on it (and if I flash the firmware Windows 8.1 returns.)
Also before the 1511 version of Windows 10 I had a previous version of Windows 10.

Please can anyone advise if there is a way to free up some disk space like is possible with a pc - maybe a Windows.old folder hidden away somewhere that can safely be deleted

kasfig

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Sorry for answering my own question but since posting the question I did some online research and further to that checked my storage in settings.
I found that a small app called Wintools was 20gb in size!
Simply deleting this app has recovered 20gb.
How that small utility came to be 20gb in size I don't know!
If anyone can advise please I would be grateful. I hope I haven't got a virus or something.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
that's really strange... looking on the MS store says its only 15.12 MB.. thats assuming you got it there... I know for a fact win10 Mobile only takes around 10GB atleast it doesn on my phone.... at least you got it sorted out...

kasfig

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Dear Beman
Thanks for your contribution : I did get it on store (not MS store but the old Windows Store - my windows 10 won't update to Microsoft Store. Mind you I guess the MS Store is just a new icon and name .
I am going to keep my eye on the situation and if anything untoward happens I will post again
Best wishes, Ian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb