Lumia 650 did not recieve Canada's Alert Ready system test. How come?

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Alert Ready is Canada’s emergency alerting system. Alert Ready delivers critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians through television, radio and LTE-connected and compatible wireless devices.
This afternoon was a test to ensure Canadians receive alerts immediately and know when to take action to stay safe.

I have a Lumia 650, live in a earth quake/tsunami zone. I never received the Alert Ready test. My phones carrier is compatible with the alert system.
Am I truly an ***** for clinging onto the Windows Mobile platform or is there some sort of setting on my phone that I have missed?? I did not have data turned on if that matters any, the alert comes as a siren and sms message.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well got it on my HP X3 today, scared the bejeezus outta me cuzz I totally wasn't expecting it! lol its like OMG its the end of the world everybody ruuuuuuuuuun.... yea people were looking at me funny... J/K lol but you should have gotten it like everyone else, might be your provider maybe that's responsible? def not a Windows mobile thing...

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
well got it on my HP X3 today, scared the bejeezus outta me cuzz I totally wasn't expecting it! lol its like OMG its the end of the world everybody ruuuuuuuuuun.... yea people were looking at me funny... J/K lol but you should have gotten it like everyone else, might be your provider maybe that's responsible? def not a Windows mobile thing...

Hi beman39, then good chance you will survive the disaster. lol
Happy to hear your HP X3 got the alert, and glad its not a Windows thing.
My carrier is Telus, fully compatible that way.
Thanks

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi beman39, then good chance you will survive the disaster. lol
Happy to hear your HP X3 got the alert, and glad its not a Windows thing.
My carrier is Telus, fully compatible that way.
Thanks

well thats strange, cuzz I'm with Koodo so its the same network as telus... so its not the provider and its not a WIndows thing... wonder what it was?

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Guess it's cell broadcast which is Telco dependent.

Used to see this feature option on dump phones. It will warn you that it's Telco dependent when you enable it.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You've got two options as I see it:

1) Check your sms settings and verify if the SMS Center number is still in use (Should be auto set but no harm in checking).
2) Contact Telus to check if there is a mast issue in your area and if they ask why then tell them you have not received the alert therefore you wish to check (I'm sure they will check without a quibble).

Also out of curiousity, could you post/list your sms settings?

As I'm curious if this is another instance of a ROM dependent XML file setting such as the ability to set a static IP address. Some Lumias have that functionality because it was enabled by the OEM/Carrier in a specific region via the config file.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Timbre70
The alerts are sent via text message.
From what I can tell at the Alert Ready site I see no hint of my phone not being compatible.
https://www.alertready.ca/wireless/

I agree with TechFreak1, go to your Carrier with this concern. Let them verify with you what the issue is.
This has nothing to do with the phone I bet. There are older Windows phones, Android phones, and older iphones than the 650 that get these kinds of critical test alerts with no issues. If it turns out to be a direct Lumia Fail, then come here and let Windows Phone users know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos