Anyone still here

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm still using a 950XL. I also have a 950. I'm not really looking forward to changing phones. I'm hoping a decent Nokia phone will be available whenever I have to switch, but I'm planning to use the 950s until they simply don't work anymore.

I noticed today that the Facebook app no longer works.
I dont use Facebook but there are other options such as Slimsocial and other 3d party apps if you need Facebook on wm10 Facebook on Windows 10 Mobile in 2019 - your options

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: AnyoneI still here

I use my 950XL proudly. Unfortunately I broke the screen a couple of days ago. I'm looking at buying a replacement screen or phone. ...

I'm not really finding screen replacements either.

I have a glass only i bought and never had the chance to really try and replace it. Only bought full one piece replacement. You have the tools and know how to do a glass only? Lots of heat I imagine! :)

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, less than a month after posting about how I'm still using my 950XL, the touchscreen has quit responding to touch. It will work every now and then for a little while, but it's no longer reliable, and currently is completely unresponsive.

So, now I'm using the 950 I got in the last two for one deal that Microsoft ran on Black Friday, which I believe may have been 2016. I've used the 950 before for about a month, but dropped it and cracked the screen. It still works fine cracked screen and all, and the 950 seems like a fine little phone, but I do believe I preferred the XL.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm still using my 950, but I bought an s10e last Thursday while on sale ($550+tax). I still haven't opened the box since I'm still on the fence about it. I think I can do a full refund within 10 days or so.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if the money is worth whatever extra performance and functionality I get with this new phone. Right now it feels like I can justify a decision either way, which is torture for an indecisive poor sod like me...

I just really like my 950... :-(

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
You just install Microsoft Launcher and Your phone as well as all the Microsoft office apps on it. Then you can use both phones. Both will be a Microsoft solution. I am actually surprised how much you can Microsoft an Android phone. I even deactivated Google assistant and used Cortana instead. Also uninstalled Google photo and used OneDirve and Galaxy Gallery. Using Edge browser as default as well. Pretty neat. However, the outlook app is still bad. Soon we will get a dark mode for that though. Honestly, I would really prefer to only use my dear Lumia 950 XL but that is getting more and more difficult to do.

czarina8662

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
I love my lumia 950xl but I am now switching to a oneplus 7 pro. My nokia 3 days ago suddenly stopped uploading texts or emails. No matter what I did-=rebooting, checking wifi connections, etc-it just gave a error of "can't send". After 9 hours it suddenly started working and I thought it was fine. But then yesterday morning same thing and it STILL is not working. I can use the phone to make calls, check the calendar and get on facebook, but that is it. I can't send or receive anything. I went to the microsoft support page but it is a vicious circle of asking for the IEMI number or whatever that is, then saying it is invalid and won't let me chat or talk to anyone. I am so frustrated and am cutting the cord tonight after being a loyal windows phone customer for well over so many years. Now to figure out what to do with my phone--do I sell it for parts, toss it, etc?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I love my L830 but these days it's about as reliable as a chocolate teapot. If it works at all, every app crashes after a about three minutes at best. Such a pity.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I am a sucker for punishment is what I think I am. I keep my 950XL as a daily driver. Worse, my L1020 comes along for photo duty very now and then also.

Microsoft first murdered my L1020 and has then subsequently been doing a terrific job of killing my 950XL also. A masochist is what I am, driven only by a need to fully sync to my other Windows systems. Oh well, they'll realize the big mistake too late.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
well... If one only makenphone calls, texting and on rare occasions surf the net then the Lumia 950 XL is fine. One might need a power bank and a fine power cord but beside that it all seems fine... We just reach the end of the line....

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I'll still keep using my Lumia 950 XL. Being a former Android user, the 950 XL is definitely the best phone I ever owned to this day. Heck, I'm now thinking of buying the smaller 950 and use my 950 XL for LumiaWoA project.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I'll still keep using my Lumia 950 XL. Being a former Android user, the 950 XL is definitely the best phone I ever owned to this day. Heck, I'm now thinking of buying the smaller 950 and use my 950 XL for LumiaWoA project.

You'll probably find the 950 will be a downgrade to your XL. Its 808 CPU is prone to overheating, had same processor in LG G4 being no where as problematic, so can only imagine the OS is playing a big roll here. Battery is also smaller suspecting, with 340 mAh less plus a helping hand from the 808's heat, there will be a fairly noticeable difference.

So a former Android user. Recently or some time ago?

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
You'll probably find the 950 will be a downgrade to your XL. Its 808 CPU is prone to overheating, had same processor in LG G4 being no where as problematic, so can only imagine the OS is playing a big roll here. Battery is also smaller suspecting, with 340 mAh less plus a helping hand from the 808's heat, there will be a fairly noticeable difference.

So a former Android user. Recently or some time ago?

Hang on, you sure about the 808 prone to overheating? I read lots of overheating stories with the 810, especially for the pre-revised chipset as used in the Sony Xperia Z3/Z3+.

Former Android user since mid-July 2016. I still keep my previous Android device to this day, but I only occasionally use it for mobile entertainment such as gaming. Everything else is done in my current 950 XL.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hang on, you sure about the 808 prone to overheating? I read lots of overheating stories with the 810, especially for the pre-revised chipset as used in the Sony Xperia Z3/Z3+.

Former Android user since mid-July 2016. I still keep my previous Android device to this day, but I only occasionally use it for mobile entertainment such as gaming. Everything else is done in my current 950 XL.

The 950 XL is purportedly running the 810 V2.1 CPU which supposedly addressed "some" of the heating issues associated with earlier versions of this chipset. Personally never owned a device with so do not have any first-hand experience here... Jumped from 808 equipped devices to the 821 in the Samsung S7 & Edge w/heating issues being a thing of the past for the most part.

On the other hand, owned the LG G4 (sold) and 950 (still have) with the difference in the heat they generate during normal use being night and day... Hardware specs on both eerily mirror each other. And read lots on heating issues with the 808 as well. Rarely tax my devices like others might so G4 never become a problem in this area. Neither was the 950 a problem however same type of usage resulted in considerably more heat being generated. Which is why I stated OS is probably largely to blame here.

Just pulled out my 950 today applying latest update (10.0.15254.590)... Would love to give it another go yet reality is, it falls waaaay too short now for my needs which is such a shame.

Last edited:

neko1302

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Excuse me: with the last update "10.0.15254.590" I lost the Bluetooth, the Bluetooth in on but it says to turn on!
Tryed a soft reset but didn't work!

I cannot hard reset any more, otherwise I'll lose some app that disappered from the store.

How to inform Microsoft of the bug?

November will be the last update!

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Excuse me: with the last update "10.0.15254.590" I lost the Bluetooth, the Bluetooth in on but it says to turn on!
Tryed a soft reset but didn't work!

I cannot hard reset any more, otherwise I'll lose some app that disappered from the store.

How to inform Microsoft of the bug?

November will be the last update!

Not sure at this point Microsoft will be of any help. Chances are great they'll just instruct you to hard reset anyway.

Or you might have to wait it out for November's update to see if your issue gets sorted.

Out of curiosity what device is this on?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm back!! Lol
Just randomly looked on Craigslist last week. Looked decent, used to work for Microsoft, Lumia 1020 will be his museum piece. I've now got mine. It's pretty perfect as can be, aside from a wonky battery.

I'm sooooo happy... For another month or so! Then WoA goes on this for it's next phase of life!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
So with a good amount of sadness, I moved on from my 950XL over the weekend. It almost felt like going to a funeral as I made my way to T-Mobile on Saturday. Went with a OnePlus 7T and so far, so good. I Microsoftified it as much as possible and I set up Your Phone on my work PC this morning. That alone has been a big win b/c I really missed receiving/replying to texts after MS killed the feature in Cortana last year.

OnTheCoast

Dec 7, 2019
Visit site
Someone who owns a 950XL told me that most functions will still work from the Edge browser, But will I still be able to use Facebook with the phone? That's whats worrying me!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss