Anyone still here

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey.. Anyone..

We all know by now that MS end W10M as of December 2019. I was wondering is anyone still around on here and still using their XL or have you all switched to Android or IOS..

Or is anyone like me and still using the XL as their daily..

Just Curious

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
My 950XL is working great and it's still my primary phone! I'm shocked some of the apps that are still working well like United Airlines for example. I'm still able to pin flight status live tiles and they actually update. I'm now getting my work email via Edge using office365 and it stays logged in and running for days before I need to log in again.

Last edited:

BajanSaint69

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Yes I'm still using my 950xl, I figure I will have to switch later this year. Facebook and Instagram were supposed to go away April 30th but they appear to be still working. WhatApp will be going away and at that point I will need to change.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Still using my 950 xl and I bought another used 950 xl in good condition last summer to have a spare phone just in case 😃. Still an amazing phone with a fantastic camera.

BobPro2

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Finally retired my 950 last month. Still works great but I needed a couple apps that are not there. Got a new Galaxy s8 for $399 and luv it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm still using my 950xl, I figure I will have to switch later this year. Facebook and Instagram were supposed to go away April 30th but they appear to be still working. WhatApp will be going away and at that point I will need to change.

It'll probably still work fine, just can't reinstall it as I learned when an update borked my x3

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
While a Galaxy S10 is my primary, I still use my 950 xl on occasion. I switched to my 950 xl recently and installed the May update. I wouldn't say that it runs as smoothly or as reliably as my S10 but there are little details (and overall look) of Win10m that I still prefer. Its the system wide dark theme that I appreciate/enjoy, though Samsungs One UI/Pie dark theme is much welcomed. Also, dark theme support on OneNote mobile was a nice surprise on my 950 xl; and its still functioning as needed for the time being.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Not an XL but fired up my 950 last night after a long hiatus of not using and nope she just don't cut it any more. Lost a couple of apps in the process too :unhappy:.

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Still using my 950 XL today as my daily driver. Just need to set some budget for a new screen, new rear camera module and a new battery.

Billy Kurtz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Re: AnyoneI still here

I use my 950XL proudly. Unfortunately I broke the screen a couple of days ago. I'm looking at buying a replacement screen or phone. The RM number seems to different on so many phones and I don't know what that means. I live in the USA and I'm not sure if the phone I'm seeing are international phones or North American phone. Mine is RM 1116. Do I need to buy that same RM#, certain RM#s, or does it matter at all? Then there is the whole thing about ending it in December, so is it worth it at all. Will it work part that date but not be supported or will it just stop working because they shut it down?

I'm not really finding screen replacements either.

I really don't want to switch. I really like the tile ui. I prefer most of the other functions that are unique to WP10

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site

I use my 950XL proudly. Unfortunately I broke the screen a couple of days ago. I'm looking at buying a replacement screen or phone. The RM number seems to different on so many phones and I don't know what that means. I live in the USA and I'm not sure if the phone I'm seeing are international phones or North American phone. Mine is RM 1116. Do I need to buy that same RM#, certain RM#s, or does it matter at all? Then there is the whole thing about ending it in December, so is it worth it at all. Will it work part that date but not be supported or will it just stop working because they shut it down?

I'm not really finding screen replacements either.

I really don't want to switch. I really like the tile ui. I prefer most of the other functions that are unique to WP10

I purchased my 950XL off ebay last year, new unopened box, and assumed it was an international dual sim version. I opened the back cover and its RM1116 version which works well on T-Mobile. I haven't removed the back cover in some time and was shocked when 3 small screws fell out. Literally, every single torx head screw was completely loose! All of them!! I happened to have the correct torx screwdriver and tightened all of them.

Billy Kurtz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site

So, it seems that the RM # deals with the number of Sims. RM1085 is a single SIM phone while RM1116 is the dual SIM phone. One dealer tried to tell me it had to do with the carrier it was with and then included a lot of specs to make it seem that he knew what he was talking about. He didn't. None of the specs had anything to do with the SIM or the RM#. I'll buy it from someone else.

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still using a 950XL. I also have a 950. I'm not really looking forward to changing phones. I'm hoping a decent Nokia phone will be available whenever I have to switch, but I'm planning to use the 950s until they simply don't work anymore.

I noticed today that the Facebook app no longer works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750