Still one of my favourite phones

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
I first got the 650 in 2018 sometime, just for fun. It was super cheap. I will admit, it kind of sucked. It was buggy, stuff crashed once in a while and there were no apps, even by BlackBerry standards. The hardware was good though. I really, really like the design. The best all-touch phone I have, it looks so premium. It feels great in the hand and is at the very upper limit of size for one handed use. The thinness and lightweight make it surprisingly pocketable unlike other phones with similar screen size. The camera is very fast and very competent.

Fast forward a year ...
Microsoft has kept plugging away with monthly updates to both the OS and their own apps. Outlook is reasonably useable. OneNote is far and away best in class and along with the rest of the Office suite, I have no problems using it while offline now. Where Microsoft did not provide, I found others to cover my needs from offline maps, RSS readers and the like. I don't feel like I'm missing any apps that I need. Surprisingly Edge on Windows 10 Mobile is my favourite browser on any platform. Oh, and the real stunner for me ... the video, especially YouTube. Hands down the best video quality of any of my mobile devices, it's not even close. Clear, crisp, vibrant. It's in another league even compared to my Xperia's or iPhones.
You know, it's not perfect. It still has its glitches but the remaining ones don't really annoy me too much and above all, I actually enjoy using this phone (unlike iOS or Android). I will admit, my BlackBerry 10 device is still my primary driver, but come 2020 if that stops working, I'm happy to carry on with my 650.

In fact, I liked where Windows 10 Mobile is right now (yes, nearing the end of 2019) that I got myself a 950 as well...

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I first got the 650 in 2018 sometime, just for fun. It was super cheap. I will admit, it kind of sucked. It was buggy, stuff crashed once in a while and there were no apps, even by BlackBerry standards. The hardware was good though. I really, really like the design. The best all-touch phone I have, it looks so premium. It feels great in the hand and is at the very upper limit of size for one handed use. The thinness and lightweight make it surprisingly pocketable unlike other phones with similar screen size. The camera is very fast and very competent.

Fast forward a year ...
Microsoft has kept plugging away with monthly updates to both the OS and their own apps. Outlook is reasonably useable. OneNote is far and away best in class and along with the rest of the Office suite, I have no problems using it while offline now. Where Microsoft did not provide, I found others to cover my needs from offline maps, RSS readers and the like. I don't feel like I'm missing any apps that I need. Surprisingly Edge on Windows 10 Mobile is my favourite browser on any platform. Oh, and the real stunner for me ... the video, especially YouTube. Hands down the best video quality of any of my mobile devices, it's not even close. Clear, crisp, vibrant. It's in another league even compared to my Xperia's or iPhones.
You know, it's not perfect. It still has its glitches but the remaining ones don't really annoy me too much and above all, I actually enjoy using this phone (unlike iOS or Android). I will admit, my BlackBerry 10 device is still my primary driver, but come 2020 if that stops working, I'm happy to carry on with my 650.

In fact, I liked where Windows 10 Mobile is right now (yes, nearing the end of 2019) that I got myself a 950 as well...

I applaud your determination to stick with a Windows phone. Every now and then, I pull out my 3 year old...no, 4 year old 950 XL, update the 2 or 3 Office apps that still get support, and try using the phone, but there are just too many problems: Spotify just won't work...continuous 'loading'; the Starbucks mobile web page won't let me reload my card; Edmodo doesn't work, my banking...well, the list is just too long. Too bad...I really love this phone! Hope things work out for you!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I applaud your determination to stick with a Windows phone. Every now and then, I pull out my 3 year old...no, 4 year old 950 XL, update the 2 or 3 Office apps that still get support, and try using the phone, but there are just too many problems: Spotify just won't work...continuous 'loading'; the Starbucks mobile web page won't let me reload my card; Edmodo doesn't work, my banking...well, the list is just too long. Too bad...I really love this phone! Hope things work out for you!

There are definite times when I miss the Elite X3 I used to have. Using an Android, apps and all, just doesn't give me the same pleasure or productivity that Windows Phone did. Here's hoping MS manage to recapture some of this at least with the Surface Duo.

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
I'm not forcing things or being different just to be different. I honestly have very little problem with this phone. Everything I need to have, I have. Stuff works, some more, some less well than alternatives on other platforms.

I don't have to use my Lumia's. I have iPhone with latest OS. I have a couple of Xperia's as well. None of them are as enjoyable overall.

I wish I had....hmmm...not much. Yes, a lot of apps "missing".But is it apps I need or stuff that I play with for 10 minutes and never use again? Well...almost always the latter...
Sure, I get not every one can deal with this, but works for me!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett