December 10th came and went...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still daily-driving my 950. No changes noted, YET, though I'm retired so I'm not as phone-centric or -dependent as I used to be. Any other hangers-on? Any changes noted? Leaving town for the holidays and am taking my ready-to roll Sony, just in case. :cool:

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
I am here as well. However, I cannot login on the Windows Central app for Windows 10 Mobile and I have not been able to for a long time. I am using the Lumia 950 XL.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Still chugging along a quarter later, surprisingly, satisfactorily, and thankfully. I have added an LG V20 to my ready-to-roll reserve. :shocked::love:

Archdean

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Me too but have been looking for a replacement that has the always on display and in a similar form size as my very good L 950, any suggestions greatly apricated .
Archdean

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Me too but have been looking for a replacement that has the always on display and in a similar form size as my very good L 950, any suggestions greatly apricated .
Archdean

I'm guessing you mean the glance screen by "always on". I found and installed the Glance Plus app on both phones a couple of months ago. I use it to show the time mostly, along with the date and remaining-battery percentage. It works very well on the Sony, and not well on the LG, on which I've tried several app and device adjustments (same app settings as on Sony), without success -it comes on momentarily only, although I can get it to stay on for a longer period with repeats on the on-off button |puzzled|; even then, it does not stay on indefinitely as on the Sony. The app appears to be very-nicely featured, though I have not tried the app's notifications option since I'm not using the phones yet, and that is a key feature of our 950 glance screen. If those work, showing (at least, if not announcing with differential sounds, as well) accurate pending mail, text, call, and voicemail counts, as with our 950s, that will be all the always-on I need. The free version includes unobtrusive ads; I've only noticed them while in the app settings, though some ads LOOK like external links rather than usual ads (I've only hit the back button to get back to settings) -maybe it's that some ads are pop-ups. Otherwise, most or all features appear to work on the free version. I recommend the app and will gladly pay for it when I move to full-time use. (NB: My evaluation is based on limited use and on W-Fi only. At this point I suspect that with any always-on/ever-ready app, battery like is affected, perhaps seriously. And again, the popup ads/whatever are weird, at least.)

Archdean

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes RTGent I should of said glance screen and thanks for your information, do you or anyone else have any knowledge how any new apple or android phone with an amoled screen can display a glance screen in a similar manner as the 950?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99