How do you get '' old Edge '' favorites out of Windows 10 Phone?

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried searching for this but no luck, which makes me think it's likely impossible. Like anyone browsing the Windows Phones forums, I'm still using my Lumia 830 because I like how it works better than what I've seen on IOS or Android. But even I know that some day I'll have to give it up for daily use. I have tons of favorites in my phone's Edge browser, which is of course pre-Chromium and probably why it no longer syncs with my PC browser which is the "new Edge".

I fear monkeying around with the sync because I don't want to suddenly lose all my phone favorites.

Is there any way to export the favorites from mobile Edge so I simply don't lose them? Or will I literally have to open each and copy the URL to a file or email?

Gracias you other WP Strongholds :cool:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried searching for this but no luck, which makes me think it's likely impossible. Like anyone browsing the Windows Phones forums, I'm still using my Lumia 830 because I like how it works better than what I've seen on IOS or Android. But even I know that some day I'll have to give it up for daily use. I have tons of favorites in my phone's Edge browser, which is of course pre-Chromium and probably why it no longer syncs with my PC browser which is the "new Edge".

I fear monkeying around with the sync because I don't want to suddenly lose all my phone favorites.

Is there any way to export the favorites from mobile Edge so I simply don't lose them? Or will I literally have to open each and copy the URL to a file or email?

Gracias you other WP Strongholds :cool:
I'm still using my 950, although I have readied and am learning a couple of Angroids for when the day comes. I've never kept favorites on my phone, so I can't help you directly -or much at all. The only lead or clue I can offer is that I am running the Microsoft Launcher on these phones and have installed several Microsoft apps from the playstore, including Edge. I just searched to see if it might have an import function, but I don't see one. One possibility might be that logging into your account may enable this because I do see a Sync settings and Sync on/off option, and Favorites is one of the check-off options (though there's no reference at all to Windows Phone: I suspect it may be able to syn with a connected PC only). Anyway, good luck; you may want to seek actual help at the Android Phones forum here at WC: https://forums.windowscentral.com/android-phones/

Only other means that comes to mind is using OneDrive connections, and there's a OneDrive app as well at the playstore and on my phones.

De nada y suerte, WP compañero.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers