Goodbye 521

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would have my long retired but still working Nokia 521 forever.

It was my first smart phone. I converted several Android and one iPhone users to Windows phone with it.

Thought I'd have it forever mainly because it has zero dollar value and I'm too lazy to responsibly recycle it.

But T-Mobile is offering a "free" (matching credits) Galaxy A32 5G to any post-paid customer in exchange for any working phone. Will be a backup phone.

It was hard enough to watch Window Mobile die but I took some small comfort in not paying a dime for my first Android in late 2020, an S21 FE 5G, also "free" (matching credits) from T-Mobile when I added a family member to the account. Now I'll have a backup that's also Android 11 in the form of the A32.

I suspect some other family members might be digging out long retired phones to snag an A32 5G backup. T-Mobile allows 4 per account.

Not really a fan of carrier model phones but at least with the Galaxies, you can flash them to the generic if you want to.

So now I've moved on to believing I'll have my 925, 1520-3 and 950XL forever. :wink:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I changed my mind. I turned in an old LG (Stylo 4) my father's wife used to have instead. So I'll still have every DD Windows phone I ever owned.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I changed my mind. I turned in an old LG (Stylo 4) my father's wife used to have instead. So I'll still have every DD Windows phone I ever owned.

How sweet, HD. My first smartphone was the Palm Treo 270, and that is gone. My first WP was the Palm Treo Pro, and I still have two working PTPs. I also have the three-since including my Still-DD 950! I do have an LG V30 in the on-deck circle and a couple of others in the dugout, all primed for when the day comes. All is good for now; even installed an overlooked app last week. Enjoy your Galaxy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234