Screen Glitching Few Minutes After Unlock

Ihsan Husandi

Jan 27, 2022
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 920 for a very low price for about $35 from someone on the internet, he said it was working good. But later I found out that the phone have a screen issue.

It's normal for the first few minutes after I turn on the screen. But from 1 to 5 minutes later the screen started to glitching out like this

More details about this issue
  1. it will take longer for the screen to glitch when the phone have been stand by for long
  2. and it sill start with small/minor glitch (color shifts) in the top part of the display and gradually expand to show copies of texts and icons

What I wanted to know is: Is this a software or hardware issue?

If it's software then I might be able to fix it myself, but I've tried hard reset and the glitch even happen in the gear animation. And I tried to restore the phone with Windows Device Recovery Tool and the program always error when searching for the phone's firmware with a message "download variant file failed". My next plan is to use the windows phone internal tool to manually flash the firmware but this is for later

But, if it's a hardware related issue, I want to return it back to the person who sold it cause fixing it myself will be difficult due to difficult spare parts to find, and it's also a bit pricey if i'm able to find one

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
That's a shame. I don't know much about this, but I'd guess that it's a screen issue, maybe a combination of screen-related ones, and not likely software. I have a 950 and a 1020 and have never experienced this, even temporarily. You were smart to get a returnable device, and I would definitely return it if I could, though I'd sure keep looking for another deal. Sorry I couldn't help and good luck fixing this or finding a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3