what happened to youtube on my rt?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So the last couple of days when I go to YouTube website and click to watch something it tells me that I need flash installed then after a minute or two it starts playing. Not only that but now when I click full screen it zooms in on it and doesn't position itself to the screen size. My screen also dims and shuts down after a bit from no screen touching. It didn't use to do this till recently. Any thoughts? I have the surface Rt btw.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So strange. I retested my metro and desktop IE10 and I don't have a problem. Have you installed any new software or adjusted any program settings?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Other than an app or two nope. I let my surface do all its own tasks in the background though. Like updates and such. So I did check that and there was just 1 defender update to do...

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok would like to update.... don't know what happened before but after the new updates today YouTube seems to be working normally again. Thank you Microsoft!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Guess has to do with enable flash support for IE10. Probably you were watching HTML5 version until MS decided to switch back to flash players until you force it on HTML otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs