Any idea how to enable video playback in the background? For example, on my laptop, when i'm on the Metro side, video doesnt play (pauses) when i switch apps. But in the desktop mode, video continues to play in the background without interruption.
    04-19-2013 11:49 AM
    Any idea how to enable video playback in the background? For example, on my laptop, when i'm on the Metro side, video doesnt play (pauses) when i switch apps. But in the desktop mode, video continues to play in the background without interruption.
    You snap app function. So it stays on on the side while you work with another Metro app or another desktop app.
    04-19-2013 11:51 AM
    Thanks,
    I have tried that before, but it doesnt always play nice, specially if its being played in IE. Could be site specific. Not sure why it is designed that way considering Widows is supposed to be a true multitasking platform.
    I'm not even talking about WP - on phones multi tasking is just horrible.
    04-19-2013 12:34 PM
    Hmm I'm at work now and i can't remember well, but I think the Multimedia 8 app keeps playing the video even in the background. I might be wrong though.. In any case, I don't feel it as a big problem. I want my music and radio in the background, yes. Less interested about the video. If i want a video to go on playing in the background i usually open it in desktop mode. If i want to do sth else while i watch the video, i snap it on a side.
    04-25-2013 01:50 AM