Acer: Windows RT has "no value" - Neowin

I both agree and disagree. The value in RT is that it's thinner, lighter, much better battery life and none of the problems associated with x86. The problem is the cost. When x86 tablets are cheaper with full blown functionality then there's little value in Windows RT.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:42 PM
    I would have to agree. There's no way I would pay $400+ for an RT device. Yes RT is nice but it's app based, many of the apps I use daily with my iPad are not there. I didn't even pay $300 for my iPad 2 from the Apple store. For a device that is app based there has to be apps.

No doubt I think the apps will come. The world runs on Windows with time apps will come.
    05-06-2013 12:54 PM
    windows rt needs badly more apps, and smaller size, and cheaper price. Microsoft surface rt costs here in finalnd about 600 euros, way too expensive,, with smaller sizes and cheaper price it will sell well and apps will come to help those sales gain momentum. hala madrid
    05-06-2013 12:55 PM
    How many years did Acer products have no value?
    HeyCori and bawboh86 like this.
    05-06-2013 12:55 PM
    Love the headline :) They didn't say Windows RT has no value. They said there was no value in it for them to build an RT device right now. A bit different. That's their call and more a function of Acer and their competition than RT itself. if RT has no value then I guess iOS on an iPAD has none either.
    05-06-2013 01:09 PM
    Get into their BS. They will sell $169 Android tablets because they don't cannibalize their Windows PC market. A $279 7" RT tablet scares them. We've seen the pre-release of their 8" Atom $380 tablet. What we haven't seen is what others are offering
    05-06-2013 01:12 PM
    My Surface RT isn't app based. I don't really need any apps on it for what I do with it. I can do almost anything (short from games, but I dont play mobile games anyways) on a flash enabled browser. But I do the same with my phone usually too, don't get why install dozen apps to do one thing when I could do the same without any apps with a browser? o.o
    I Spiritus I likes this.
    05-06-2013 01:46 PM
    Acer is nothing but a sore loser, they are too afraid that MS decided to produce tablet of MS own brand, which would definitely rip off Acer's profit opportunity. Without support from MS, Acer cannot get any significant profit, and that's why no Surface products available in Taiwan.
    05-08-2013 12:23 AM