8.1 photo app

El_Burro

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I installed the 8.1 preview today and so far there seems to be some good improvements in it. I am having a problem with the photos app however. The app only shows me photos locally on my surface RT and it doesn't even show me that on my laptop. It should be showing me pictures on SkyDrive, Facebook, Flickr. Everything worked fine in Windows 8.0. Anyone else having this issue?

VidJuhEffex

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand the photo app will have basic image editing added to it (crop, rotation, etc), so this is probably FAR from the finished app. It is odd however, that they chose to insert this one in 8.1 rather than retain the old one, and wait until the new one was ready to release. It's certainly not to bug test as I can't imagine why anyone would use this for anything.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
They essentially made the app useless. What good is the large tile if I can't see photos in it? I really hope they are working on an update to this app.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
it looks like that in order to use the editing tools, you have to have saved the image to the surface. just opening the opening on the surface is insufficient. i think this needs to be fixed so that you can edit any opened photo. you shouldn't need to save it to edit it and that will be frustrating and make it less likely that people will use the app. as someone mentioned in another thread, microsoft also needs to pull skydrive, facebook, et cetera into the photo app. given that storage in not great on any of the surface tablets, the photo app needs to be able to connect to the various places folks will likely store images and video. i also think skydrive should have no limit on the number of pictures or videos you can host...google does something likes this...everything under a certain size is hosted without any regard for space.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
it looks like that in order to use the editing tools, you have to have saved the image to the surface. just opening the opening on the surface is insufficient. i think this needs to be fixed so that you can edit any opened photo. you shouldn't need to save it to edit it and that will be frustrating and make it less likely that people will use the app. as someone mentioned in another thread, microsoft also needs to pull skydrive, facebook, et cetera into the photo app. given that storage in not great on any of the surface tablets, the photo app needs to be able to connect to the various places folks will likely store images and video. i also think skydrive should have no limit on the number of pictures or videos you can host...google does something likes this...everything under a certain size is hosted without any regard for space.

The Office products can work on documents right from Skydrive and automatically save them right to Skydrive. I don't know why the Photos app couldn't do the same.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 8.1 Photo App will pull/view pics from the SD card?

Yes, but you have to open them from Explorer or any other file explorer. You can swipe to the next photo from within the photo app.

Update: Maybe you can open them from within the app itself too, I don't remember. =)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
No, you can't. Unlike Video and Music app that allows you to.

In order to satisfy the cj-m's need, include the SD card into your Libraries.

Go to Settings, PC & devices, Devices, Default save locations

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Not only that, the Photo Frame feature is gone too.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss