Windows RT - Repartition the drive

roome

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I updated my Lenovo ideapad yoga 11 (without making a recovery usb) to windows rt 8.1 preview & as almost everyone is getting the activation issue on tablets, same issue came on mine. so i tried to downgrade from RT 8.1 to RT 8 (which i have already done on one windows surface pro successfully). during the process i accidentally "Repartition the drive". windows was downgrade to RT 8 and running smoothly but half of the drivers were not installed (including Wifi).

In disk management i can see four partitions:
350mb Healthy (Recovery Partition), 200mb Healthy (EFI System Partition), Windows (C: ) 54.06 GB NTFS, 3.52 GB Healthy (Recovery Partition)
Only windows (c: ) partition is accessible and rest of them are inaccessible, hidden & showing only in disk management.

Is there a way to fix this problem. i.e undo repartition the drive or accessing the recovery partition or Lenovo ideapad yoga 11 recovery image

Thanks

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that sounds like one heck of a problem. Have you tried doing a complete Reinstall from the Settings menu?

I guess you could also try merging the errand partition with the existing one. Here are some instructions for Windows 7, hopefully the process is similar for Windows RT.

Deleting the extra partition may be a last ditch effort.

roome

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the reply.
Only windows (c: ) partition is accessible everywhere and rest of them are inaccessible, hidden & showing only in disk management. so unable to merge them.
Do you have other opinion..
thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6