Windows 8.1 RT preview has now been withdrawn

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The Windows RT 8.1 image leaked, so if one is so inclined they can inject the drivers into the image and upgrade that way (which is what I'm doing right now).
Ditto, and working good so far. I was worried about bricking it but couldn't resist. ie11 desktop did crash while making this post but recovered nicely.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ditto, and working good so far. I was worried about bricking it but couldn't resist. ie11 desktop did crash while making this post but recovered nicely.

Got mine working late last night and so far so good. Just need to see if there's any battery life improvements.

IE has been solid for me so far. Crashed repeatedly in 8.1 Preview when using gmail and google docs. Right now multiple docs open and no crashes.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Doh! Just sent back a work Surface RT I had because my sister got me a $199 Surface RT. It's still in the box and I was going to put 8.1 preview on it tonight. Worst. Timing. Ever.
The first RT I got was a 16 gig version when it first dropped. I sent it back too but I missed having it. A lot. So when the Ebay sale came around, I grabbed another but the 64 gig version. Its good to have it back. Love it.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The first RT I got was a 16 gig version when it first dropped. I sent it back too but I missed having it. A lot. So when the Ebay sale came around, I grabbed another but the 64 gig version. Its good to have it back. Love it.

I'm pretty sure the smallest Surface RT was 32gb.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Given all the problems I had with 8.1b, I'm fine with it being pulled. I'm back on 8.0 and despite the fact that it's step back in terms of usability, it's actually usable and stable, something 8.1b wasn't, despite twice freshly installing it.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Given all the problems I had with 8.1b, I'm fine with it being pulled. I'm back on 8.0 and despite the fact that it's step back in terms of usability, it's actually usable and stable, something 8.1b wasn't, despite twice freshly installing it.

I'm running 8.1 RTM on my Surface RT and I've already encountered some issues, which I'm sure is one of the reasons why Microsoft hasn't made it publicly available.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm running 8.1 RTM on my Surface RT and I've already encountered some issues, which I'm sure is one of the reasons why Microsoft hasn't made it publicly available.
8.0 is so much better in terms of just being able to use my RT without hanging and crashing apps that I don't mind losing features. Specifically IE and Twitter are faster and more reliable. Add in OneNote MX and Office (no issues on 8.1b with them) and that's most of my usage on RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss