AllTheCooks app for Windows 8 and RT. A brilliantly designed cooking app

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to post this but since I have it installed on my Windows RT tablet, here is where it is. I don't know if we get many cooks on this forum but i suspect I'm not the only man who knows there way around a grill. Or a kitchen for that matter. So I searched for a good cooking app and found the usual suspects...iCooking, All Recipes, Yumvy and Cooking Channel and Epicurious. All good apps but then I clicked on AllTheCooks Recipes. This one is brilliant. It has beautifully done images of dishes, and takes advantage of MetroUI elements that make it almost magical to use. It contains videos on many of the recipes and user reviews. It also has a social feature to share recipes with, if you are into those kinds of things.

Search will bring up a nice assortment of choices and this app goes one further. It will "size" the recipe for you and create a grocery list. On top of that and something I find most important, it has a nutrition chart for those recipes. Brilliant!

If you like food, like to cook rather than eating food in a restaurant being prepared by who knows who, check out AllTheCooks Recipes.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm a terrible cook (and don't enjoy cooking much), but I'm going to check out this app. My mom loves to cook and always looking for new recipes.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm a terrible cook (and don't enjoy cooking much), but I'm going to check out this app. My mom loves to cook and always looking for new recipes.

I really like this one. Its fast, smooth and really an easy interface. Terrible cook? Nahhh. I can't believe it. :)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had tried AllRecipes, but that app was terrible (buggy and crashed).

I know that one too. It has a lot of recipes and its been around a long time. But the problem with that franchise is they are big and a bit lazy. You send the developers email as I have on countless times and you never hear back from them. I emailed AllTheCooks and they responded in a single day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720