Question for Windows RT and Android Users

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Let's be honest. How many have been on our Android device and tried to swipe down from the top edge to close an app?

I do it all the time.

M Coffey

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just to be sure...I was not saying those that CAN swipe down to close an app on Android. Android does not have this functionality.

I just forget I am on Android and I attempt to swipe down to close an app and when nothing happens I say "oh, yeah"...LOL..

Its nice that swiping down fully closes the app. On Android everything stays open in the background and you need to jump through hoops to close those apps.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure...I was not saying those that CAN swipe down to close an app on Android. Android does not have this functionality.

I just forget I am on Android and I attempt to swipe down to close an app and when nothing happens I say "oh, yeah"...LOL..

Its nice that swiping down fully closes the app. On Android everything stays open in the background and you need to jump through hoops to close those apps.
I know what you meant.
I just said that since I'm on a phone, I'll draw parallels to Windows Phone first.
If I had an Android tablet, I'd end up doing this all the time, lol.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I remember having trouble operating a stand-alone GPS after getting used to a smartphone. On the GPS, to scroll up or down a list you need to use the arrow buttons. I would keep trying to swipe (still do sometimes :cool:).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss