Can’t see available wifi networks

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been offline for about 3 years now due to illness, but am back in the game now. So my first attempt at using my Nokia RT, I login just fine (luckily I remembered my pin) but don’t see any available networks. I’m trying to connect to my VZW mobile hotspot on my Galaxy S8+ (works fine with my Surface Pro 2 and my iPad), but my RT sees NO available wifi(s).
Thanks for any advice.
Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE:

It’s all good now. I finally figured it out. It’s a shame though, it still looks brand new, but after 1.5 gigs of updates, then discovering that all the apps I used on it are now defunct, it’s no use to me anymore.

All’s well though, my Surface Pro 2 is STILL a dream come true (for me anyways). Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Pro 2013, TOTALLY wiped clean and rebuilt... Whew!!! THAT was a labor of love, really. And of course the iPad Pro 12.9" (2017) is great. But I was questing for a smaller tablet that I could firewall effectively and had hopes for the RT, but.. I’ll just get the Tab S4. Firewalling’s a hobby of mine and I can firewall Windows and Androids effectively, by ports, protocols, IPs, etc. even the System Apps, AND even without rooting, hah. I learned how to do that on my S8+. Soooo.... thanks.
Alan

Noob Cydroid

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
It's a bit late, but I ran into this post just now while trying to learn my way around these forums. The topic piqued my interest.

The problem may have just been something as simple as checking your hotspot to see if it's broadcasting WiFi on the 2.4ghz and/or the 5ghz band. I have a friend with an S8+, I believe the default was that the hotspot would only broadcast WiFi on the 5ghz band. There's a chance that the Nokia will only support 2.4ghz WiFi, and thus won't see the 5ghz WiFi being broadcasted by the S8+'s hotspot.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well Hi Noob Cydroid.
Nice of you to offer this info. Actually my S8+, on Verizon, broadcasts itself by default, on 2.4ghz, but offers to select the 5ghz. I didn’t know that at the time, I just found THAT out by googling "VZW S8+ Hotspot". Stupid me. I’M the one that’s always telling people "Google”s got the answer, just refine your search phrase." lol.
Anyway, I wiped the RT and gave it to a friend of mine who’s a techie. He’s got an 11 year old boy he’s gonna give it to, I think. But my friend just can’t believe how NEW the RT is for being an 8 year old device. He might keep it for himself.
So, thanks for your reply.
Happy Trails. - Alan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon