360 gamers

sanka07

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Impressed by the WP7 games? Price vs Quality.
Like the integration?
What other Live functions would you like to see?

I would like to see Xbox Live Extras built into the games section as standard, dont see why it wasnt.

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to play anything yet other than about 60 seconds of Bejeweled - then i had to come back to work. It took longer to load than I would have liked.

I agree about the XBLA extras.

I would like to see mulitplayer, games that work on both 360 and wp7, and message notification updates on the tile.

On a side note, it would be really cool if MS would allow phone manufactures to design snap on 360 style controllers for something more like a PSP/DS experience.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
"Extras" launches within the Xbox app, you just tap your figure/achievements and it launches, kinda slick.

Price vs quality is perfect, imo. Paying $4.99 for Need for Speed is very reasonable, same with EWJ. The Live games are all very excellent.

68Guns

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
App Prices

How is it tha the US pay $4.99 for need for speed and we in the UK have to pay ?3.99 not sure what the excange rate is but it looks like we lose out again on price of apps

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I get a "1" on the Tile shortly after receiving a new xbox message or request...?

Me too.

Anyway, I would like to see more integration between the 360 and WP7. They already experimented with this idea with Crackdown 2. Earning certain achievements in the 360 version unlocks stuff for you in the WP7 version (you can still unlock those items without ever playing the 360 version, it just takes longer).

Imagine, say, a WP7 game that lets you manage your kingdom in Fable 3. Or maybe make the Castlevania puzzle game unlock bonus items in the Castlevania 360 game. I think they could do a lot of cool things this way.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see them allow voice messages to be heard and sent through the app.

I believe Live Extras is an add-on for those who don't have an xbox or care for all that on their phone. that is room that may not be needed for some to use.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Xbox Live Extras built into the games section as standard, dont see why it wasnt.

Some people don't use that so they can save the .5 Mbs. lol......my only reasoning.

I get a "1" on the Tile shortly after receiving a new xbox message or request...?

I would like this for turn notifications. Is it there but just for Xbox Live games? Alpha Jax doesn't show a '1' unless it is pinned. Makes folders useless.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love to hear an alert much like a new text or email when you recieve a msg Via xbox live. Sure a little one or 2 to let me know there is msg you got is cool and all but I would like to be alerted with a tone to let me know a new msg has been recieved.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I love WP7, but personally I think MS putting the Xbox Live brand on this phone is utterly misleading. We came to find out last month that there are no mature content (M-rated) games allowed on windows phone after a mildly violent cartoon fighting game was pulled from the marketplace. So, here we are with "Xbox Live" and literally no chance of ever seeing a FPS on the system like Halo...the bread and butter of Xbox Live for the 360. Sure, you can rack up your gamerscore, but I was personally looking for more Xbox franchises which we are not getting, and probably will never get, other than spin-off games that really play nothing like the real thing. iOS is now seeing titles like Dead Space and Infinity Blade. Either one of those would be considered mature, so it looks like we will be stuck with games like De Blob.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
We will have M rated games once (if?) parental controls get implented. They can't support M rated games without parental controls due to their licensing with the ESRB unfortunately

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The YouTube app has nothing to do with YouTube video in sites. the youtube app is a search tool to find videos. Whenever copy & paste comes to Wp7, we'll be able to copy the URLs to the YouTube app. Also, when IE9 comes, I think we'll be able to see videos on the site that post the YouTube video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte