Sharing Videos with the Xbox?

Scruffylookin13

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way you can plug your phone into the xbox and watch videos of your phone... I am pretty sure they had that option with the Zune so i think its weird that they wouldnt have that ability with the phone. Am I doing something wrong? or is this not available at this time.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way you can plug your phone into the xbox and watch videos of your phone... I am pretty sure they had that option with the Zune so i think its weird that they wouldnt have that ability with the phone. Am I doing something wrong? or is this not available at this time.

I haven't tried it, but it's my understanding that it doesn't work.

However, it's really easy to share your photos, videos, and music, over Wifi with your Zune software on your PC.

You just go to settings, and then Xbox 360.

Scruffylookin13

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted something portable... Everyone i know has an xbox so if i ever hang out, i can just plug it in without having to worry about carrying around my laptop....

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted something portable... Everyone i know has an xbox so if i ever hang out, i can just plug it in without having to worry about carrying around my laptop....

You could walk around with an NTSF formatted portable hard drive.

Haha, why the Xbox doesn't use Fat32, I don't know.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Haha, why the Xbox doesn't use Fat32, I don't know.

It doesn't use FAT32 because of the file size limit on that filesystem. As for supporting a FAT32 drive i'm not sure of the issue you're having, i've always been able to plug my FAT32-formatted ipod into my xbox and watch movies that i've copied to it just fine.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't use FAT32 because of the file size limit on that filesystem. As for supporting a FAT32 drive i'm not sure of the issue you're having, i've always been able to plug my FAT32-formatted ipod into my xbox and watch movies that i've copied to it just fine.

Well, the original iPod's right? The Xbox was made specifically to work with those. Not the iPod touches or iPhones, or Windows Phones.

And if you want to use an external drive however, it won't pick up videos with FAT32. I'm sure if they wanted it to, it'd be totally capable.

I'n fact i'm not even sure what problem you were referring to. I was just saying, that the same external hard drive you maybe use to store videos and play on your computer, wont' work with the Xbox.

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, the original iPod's right? The Xbox was made specifically to work with those. Not the iPod touches or iPhones, or Windows Phones.

Yeah it was an original ipod.

And if you want to use an external drive however, it won't pick up videos with FAT32. I'm sure if they wanted it to, it'd be totally capable.

I'm pretty sure i've done it before, a quick google shows that's the recommended procedure too:
Q9: What are the different ways to play video content on Xbox 360?

A9: You can play video from a USB 2.0 FAT32 removable drive, from optical media, and by streaming from the Zune software, Windows Media Player 11, or Windows Home Server.

Though potentially you are running into this issue:
Q12: What size USB storage device does Xbox 360 support?

A12: Xbox 360 will support as big of a storage device as you can format by using FAT32. Unfortunately, when formatting a device in Windows Vista or Windows XP, you are restricted to a maximum FAT32 size of 32 GB. You can work around this limitation by using a third-party utility or using an alternative operating system that does not have this restriction.

http://www.support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/kb.aspx?ID=945416&lcid=1033&category=hardware

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows if I can access my Zune library from the 360? Every time I've clicked on my Zune Music on the 360 it will only play tracks I have bought and won't show any of the other music which is on my computer....

Cheers.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows if I can access my Zune library from the 360? Every time I've clicked on my Zune Music on the 360 it will only play tracks I have bought and won't show any of the other music which is on my computer....

Cheers.

The Xbox360 will play MP3s from your computer no matter where you got them; however, not in the Zune software. On the other hand, the Zune software on the Xbox360 will stream any song in their service if you have Zune Pass.

What I would like to see in Zune Pass is a way to store metadata for your library and playlists in the cloud so it cay play your local copy by default or stream from the Zune service as an alternative. That way I wouldn't have a different library and playlists on my home computer, work computer, phone, laptop, and Xbox360.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
The Xbox360 will play MP3s from your computer no matter where you got them; however, not in the Zune software. On the other hand, the Zune software on the Xbox360 will stream any song in their service if you have Zune Pass.

What I would like to see in Zune Pass is a way to store metadata for your library and playlists in the cloud so it cay play your local copy by default or stream from the Zune service as an alternative. That way I wouldn't have a different library and playlists on my home computer, work computer, phone, laptop, and Xbox360.

Apart from being extremely retarded, it's really disappointing that the two directly related programs don't communicate with each other. If Microsoft are serious about the WP and Zune, they need to get the best out of their products with exclusivity to those who add to their own network of MS gadgets. I'm not interested in a Zune Pass so give me the choice of streaming 'playlists', etc, that I have created in Zune.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99