XBox & WP7

dalspartan

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It's probably a very stupid question, but do I need Xbox to have a WP7? (Users must have iTunes for iPhone4). Also, does any one know if the Dell Venue Pro works on Verizon? Thanks.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Dell Venue Pro and do NOT have an Xbox so, it's definitely not necessary (having a Live account is kinda handy though and if you have a hotmail account then you are all set there).

the DVP does not work on Verizon, at this time NOTHING WP7 works on Verizon (which is why I am no longer a Verizon customer after being with them for over 10 yrs). If the Dell is you rpreference then you are looking at having service thru either T-Mobile or AT+T (personally my vote was for T-Mobile but, that's just my opinion and YMMV).

My suggestion would be to go to a Microsoft Store (if you are fortunate enough to have one of the actual stores in your area) and play with all of the WP7 phones in one place at one time (from all the WP7 carriers), then decide which one suits you best.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No questions are stupid. No, you do not need XBox to use WP7. I don't have XBox, but I still registered with XBox Live and created my custom avatar, and have a few XBox games on my phone. It was fun.

To sync media; music, video and photos with you PC, you will need to install Zune, which is a free download. You also need Zune to install phone updates so it is highly recommended. Zune will also backup the photos/videos you take with your phone.

Additionally, you can get Zune Pass, which costs $14.95/m (I think) or $149/year. With it, you can stream and/or download any DRM protected music to you phone or PC's. But you also get 10 DRM Free songs per month, so of you purchase music it is a great deal. But this is optional. You can simply sync your existing music thru Zune.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Dell Venue Pro and do NOT have an Xbox so, it's definitely not necessary (having a Live account is kinda handy though and if you have a hotmail account then you are all set there).

the DVP does not work on Verizon, at this time NOTHING WP7 works on Verizon (which is why I am no longer a Verizon customer after being with them for over 10 yrs). If the Dell is you rpreference then you are looking at having service thru either T-Mobile or AT+T (personally my vote was for T-Mobile but, that's just my opinion and YMMV).

My suggestion would be to go to a Microsoft Store (if you are fortunate enough to have one of the actual stores in your area) and play with all of the WP7 phones in one place at one time (from all the WP7 carriers), then decide which one suits you best.

I was in the exact same situation. It was January and I really wanted a WP7 phone. I wasn't willing to wait for Verizon and switched to AT&T after 10 years of service with them.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Xbox Live is just the Game Hub. All your games can be accessed there pretty quick, if you have an Xbox then you can Download the free Xbox Live extras "game" and enjoy more access to the service.

I didn't knew you could make your own avatar if you don't have an Xbox. I like the avatars =)

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It's probably a very stupid question, but do I need Xbox to have a WP7? (Users must have iTunes for iPhone4).

Not a stupid question. I thought the same thing before I got my WP, but when I went onto the Xbox.com site, I found out that I could make my own avatar...for free. Then when I got my phone, my avatar was there, just like the way I set it up on the website.

Since a lot of the games from Xbox are going to the phone, it just means you'll get to experience the gaming style that Xbox users have too..... achievements.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05