Battlefield 3

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

I am, this year, abandoning my Halo/CoD-loving friends in order to play the amazingness that is Battlefield 3. However, it's much more fun with a decent squad so if anyone else is planning to join in, I'd love a friend request for Battlefield ridiculousness.

Drop me a line.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll be blunt...

All my friends are on Xbox 360, so I'll get it on that. However, it looks pretty flipping amazing on PC, so I'll get it on that too. I'm Vulak Aerr on both XBL and Origin if you want to add me.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've also abandoned my friends on COD for BF3. After giving Bad Company 2 a try, I'm fully converted.

COD is Battlefield for kids.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
It's on like Donkey Kong. I'm tired of Lag of Duty. I hope BF3 is more fun, less BS than COD.

gt = Doaner996

Michael.

It's way better. I've been on Battlefield games since Battlefield 2 (including the Bad Company spin-offs) and the multiplayer just gets better and better. It's so much fun compared to CoD which really ends up just feeling like work. I played it and kept playing without realising I'd stopped enjoying it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm in on the beta and it's looks pretty bad. But they've already said they have updated. All those "amazing" looking game clips come from BF3 on the PC, seemingly a high end PC. I'm going to skip BF3 until I can see some reviews first.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That's always the potential problem with releasing a beta; it can give a false impression of the final product. That being said, I would still stick with BF3 over COD as the game play experience is far more diversified. Putting is bluntly, players on MWF annoy the living **** out of me. :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that problem with MW players. I know that the beta is just a beta and can't expect subpar graphics and gameplay, but I've yet to see any in game footage for the game on consoles, except for that old talk show footage. I think they are both good games, but I give MW games higher rating due to the fact that it runs at 60 fps and the graphics are amazing. But BF3 is almost just as good due to a better spawn system [when the squads are actually playing as a squad] and VEHICLES!
That's always the potential problem with releasing a beta; it can give a false impression of the final product. That being said, I would still stick with BF3 over COD as the game play experience is far more diversified. Putting is bluntly, players on MWF annoy the living **** out of me. :D

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Within reason, I always look at graphics as the icing on the cake. It's the gameplay that really counts for me. MWF hasn't really changed since COD4. Since then, I've picked up on too many reoccurring annoyances for me to endure a single game without wanting to hurt somebody. :D It's just the same old thing.....

... spawn, run, get shot in the back. Briefly watch kill cam for location of killer, spawn, workout the quickest route for revenge kill, make your way, run around a corner and get shot by someone who has been laying there for the last 3 minutes burning a mark on their 40" plasma with the red dot. Respawn - (new target), go after the camper - get hit by RPG or noob tube - RIP THE 360 FROM THE SOCKET AND THROW IT THROUGH THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW!!!!

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree with you Big Supes. I got bored of CoD on MW2 and never looked back. Also the graphics I always found lacking on CoD games owing to their weirdly low resolution (in an effort to keep it at 60fps).

I loved the BF3 beta by the way. Really got me back into the Battlefield mood. :)

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Low graphics? 1080p, is low. It's clearly a better console game than BF3. Which was never meant to be a console game.

Clearly to you, perhaps. Those of us sick to the back teeth of CoD will choose a more varied experience. A more team-orientated experience, and one with far fewer reasons to be a camp-happy tool sitting in the bushes for the whole round.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Within reason, I always look at graphics as the icing on the cake. It's the gameplay that really counts for me. MWF hasn't really changed since COD4. Since then, I've picked up on too many reoccurring annoyances for me to endure a single game without wanting to hurt somebody. :D It's just the same old thing.....

... spawn, run, get shot in the back. Briefly watch kill cam for location of killer, spawn, workout the quickest route for revenge kill, make your way, run around a corner and get shot by someone who has been laying there for the last 3 minutes burning a mark on their 40" plasma with the red dot. Respawn - (new target), go after the camper - get hit by RPG or noob tube - RIP THE 360 FROM THE SOCKET AND THROW IT THROUGH THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW!!!!

In Crap Ops, I see a BG first and fire off a few at COM, the BG hits you once and you're dead. When you watch their kill cam, it shows them shooting at you first. That's outright BS and Treyarch keeps jacking up the gameplay with every patch.

The Call of Duty franchise focuses too much on player customization and not enough on gameplay. I can f-ing care less about the 20 different types of 5.56 weapons, a SCAR-16 is going to shoot like an ACR is going to shoot like an M4 is going to shoot like a Steyr Aug is going to shoot like an F2000. F- all that BS and just fix the lag.

If the game is unplayable, I don't care about graphics or frame rate.

Michael.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There is no such thing as a online FPS without campers.
Clearly to you, perhaps. Those of us sick to the back teeth of CoD will choose a more varied experience. A more team-orientated experience, and one with far fewer reasons to be a camp-happy tool sitting in the bushes for the whole round.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Tell me where I said there were no campers in Battlefield. No. There are just far fewer opportunities and reasons to camp, thanks to constantly changing objectives, sniper lense glint, and the spotting mechanism.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos