12-02-2011 11:04 PM
71 123
tools
    You were spot on, weebear! I was in Ajax's same predicament - no update, got an email from Msoft saying I hadn't done the update, realized I hadn't registered my console. I just ran the app; hopefully I'll get the update soon and get to verify its awesomeness for myself. Wish I had come back to this thread sooner!
    You did remember to run the registration app after downloading it ? Loads of users failed to do this apparently, so the console isn't registered. (You'll find it in your games list)

Sorry guys & gals if you've already done this. Just thought i'd mention it, just incase. :)

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    11-16-2011 10:25 PM
    This pretty much guarantees that I'll be getting the kinect real soon!
    11-16-2011 10:30 PM
    Aw great news 1jaxstate1 and electricbobeep too. Happy days! :)
    11-17-2011 03:32 AM
    Got the update. Neat looking, that's about it :( But at least it fits with Win8 and WP7 better :)
    11-17-2011 03:45 AM
    Got the update. Neat looking, that's about it :( But at least it fits with Win8 and WP7 better :)
    There's lots of little changes I hate (Friends List) but on the whole it's OK.

Not that we have any choice whether we want it or not jeremyshaw LOL.
    11-17-2011 03:55 AM
    Got an email about new updates comming soon from xbox. Roaming Profile sounds like a lifesaver.
    11-17-2011 11:19 AM
    Got an email about new updates comming soon from xbox. Roaming Profile sounds like a lifesaver.
    Is that just the new term for Recover Gamertag ? (Now called Download Profile) or is it something else FriendOrDafoe ? :)
    11-17-2011 11:26 AM
    Its supposed to make he long recover gamertag process a LOT shorter. History: ms intended the removable hdd to work for portable gamertag (hdd and USB stick both still work for this), however, with the internet, my friends and I normally just recover gamertag. The big support behind roaming profile is MS adding cloud game save support :D

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    11-17-2011 11:37 AM
    Its supposed to make he long recover gamertag process a LOT shorter. History: ms intended the removable hdd to work for portable gamertag (hdd and USB stick both still work for this), however, with the internet, my friends and I normally just recover gamertag. The big support behind roaming profile is MS adding cloud game save support :D

Yeah recover gamertag does take forever. :(

Cloud game saving is working well for me, but I always have in the back of my mind 'What If ?' LOL
    11-17-2011 11:39 AM
    Hopefully, its like steam. Local saves override cloud. Cloud only for convenience.

11-17-2011 11:45 AM
    Hopefully, its like steam. Local saves override cloud. Cloud only for convenience.

Yeah, you can turn the cloud saves off. (By deafault it's off, but Mr nosey here had to have it on lol)

Hope it doesn't mess up till i've completed Assassins Creed Revelations or i will be a tad displeased LOL :)
    11-17-2011 11:52 AM
    Just got home and downloaded the update. Taking it all in now...

11-17-2011 10:35 PM
    Well I got another big dashboard update last nighjt, right in the middle of Assassins Creed, thank you Microsoft LOL.

Don't see any difference at all for the UK, but there's the new UFC app in my US account.

Wonder when we'll get YT and all the UK goodies. :)
    11-18-2011 11:43 AM
    Anyone on here picking up Halo Anniversary? Would be nice to play with fellow WP7 users.
    11-18-2011 04:44 PM
    I have Halo Anniversary. Preordered it, actually lol
    11-19-2011 02:16 AM
    Just incase anyone is wondering when the new look dashboard will be released to everyone, it's Tuesday December the 6th. :)
    11-22-2011 05:10 AM
    After a week with the new update. It's just a new skin. I'm not impressed so far. I guess I was too excited.
    electricbopeep likes this.
    11-22-2011 09:17 AM
    No i'm not impressed either 1jaxstate, i still can't navigate to what I want as fast as the current / old dashboard. :(

This is the dashboard i've most disliked so far. If only we had a choice. :(
    electricbopeep likes this.
    11-22-2011 09:39 AM
    Well another dashboard update today if you haven't had your XBox on yet. (Probably the last one)
    12-02-2011 06:31 AM
    I agree @1jaxstate and @weebear. I was taken aback by how little has changed - and it seems like some things, like MSNBC and NBC news have been removed but I'm guessing those will be coming back. I got he Kinect the other day and the search and navigation features were a welcome addition, though I still felt like I was missing out on whatever extra newness the update was supposed to bring for Kinect.

In the next update, I'd like to see support for streaming podcasts and other online video (similar to what's present in Windows Media Center. Apparently MS approached TWiT about getting their content on the xbox), subtitles in Netflix (weren't we supposed to be getting this) and some type of picture-in-picture or background media/app functionality - it's frustrating that everything is so siloed and that you have to interrupt media viewing to use the twitter so, for example.

12-02-2011 10:32 PM
    So I just downloaded the new update and there's a SyFy and Daily Motion app. Both apps are gorgeous and very slick. SyFy only has full episodes for their web series and clips of their tv series, but that's more a reflection on them than Xbox. I rarely watch Daily Motion videos (a YouTube app is what I really want) but the implementation here is quite nice - AutoPlay for categories and playlists; menus layered over video, search,etc. there doesn't seem to be an account log-in (I don't have one anyway) but you can favorite things. Looking forward to more media apps, since I primarily use the Xbox for media consumption.

12-02-2011 11:04 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD