New Dashboard Public Preview Application Now Live

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If you'd like to register to get the new XBox dashboard update early, the application is now live.

https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

Xbox LIVE Update Program - Fall 2011

We appreciate your interest and support in helping us to test out the latest updates. This is an important update as we continually strive to improve our products and we could not do so without the help of our great Xbox community.

When do I Register My Console(s):

This year we have a new model for console registration so you were not asked to manually provide it during initial registration (as was the case in previous programs). We will provide details on the new process via this portal as soon as we are ready to start having consoles registered

What to Expect:

As part of this program, an update will be pushed out to your registered console(s) that will include select dashboard features including:

New Metro design with integrated Kinect voice and gesture controls
Beacons
Facebook Sharing
Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Xbox LIVE Profile
Other features and entertainment partner apps may also come into view during the program period and will be messaged via this portal.

Administrative Note: If you were in previous programs you will notice a few changes on the navigation available on our Connect Site. Same basic structure, but primary navigation is available by clicking on Xbox LIVE Update Home link on the upper left-hand navigation of this page. At the bottom of that page you will find links to all relevant program information.

Just sharing & Good Luck in being selected. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh i'm in apparently, anyone that's applied, have a wee lookie in their connect dashboard.

They are 'ecstatic' to have me on board.

Steady on Microsoft, i'll be needing a cold shower soon speaking to me like that. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What's a connect dashboard? I applied, but didn't get a email or anything.

Nevermind, I went to connect.microsoft.com and my dashboard was empty. :(

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
What's a connect dashboard? I applied, but didn't get a email or anything.

Nevermind, I went to connect.microsoft.com and my dashboard was empty. :(
Don't you have a new link 1jaxstate1 (Next Steps) explaining they will shortly make the console serial number registration available?

It's on the main page above the welcome message, not on the left.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just to let you know that the registration process for the new dashboard has began.

So anyone who has registered, pay a wee visit to the Microsoft Connect website for your instructions.

:)

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm in... I especially can't wait for the xbox companion app to hit the marketplace. I'm looking forward to some xbox/wp7 connectivity!

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to let you know that the registration process for the new dashboard has began.

So anyone who has registered, pay a wee visit to the Microsoft Connect website for your instructions.

:)

I'm glad you posted this. I had been wondering yesterday whether anything was going on with that. So last night I went and got my code and all for it. I'm excited, to say the least lol.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The Pre Release Channel has now appeared on my dash, so i know all is well.

Check you have it too, then you know all is well with your registration for the new dashboard. :)

jchapman01

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I failed to get the Pre Release Channel. I followed the instructions to get my console registered again so no worries... just have to wait a few more days for it to show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99