Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So which is the version to get? I have a PS3 and an XBox 360, and a PC of course. I've heard that the PS3 version is laggy, and that the 360 version has awful load times. Have they patched those issues on either version?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So which is the version to get? I have a PS3 and an XBox 360, and a PC of course. I've heard that the PS3 version is laggy, and that the 360 version has awful load times. Have they patched those issues on either version?
I got the 360 version. I don't have long load times, but I hear there's a problem when playing the game from the the hard drive.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Ba11ers

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I got the 360 version. I don't have long load times, but I hear there's a problem when playing the game from the the hard drive.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

There was a problem with Textures not loading correctly when the game was installed on the Hard Drive but that was recently fixed in the last Skyrim update.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i had mine installed on HD works fine, no lag times, but I seem to be in the minority, I seem to find the game extremely tedious and boring. (Loving the graphics lots though)

I play it and get bored attempting to do the challenges.

Now normally I just love this type of game so much, but I just can't seem to get into it.

It seems to be taking me too long on the travelling side and I think that's what I dislike.

It's a friends copy, I didn't actually buy it, I'm kind of glad I never bought it now.

If i keep on playing, will I begin to like it more everyone ? :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I often find the game tedious and boring. But I find the story interesting. I'm into it, but I've been playing other games more and more. There are some moments of greatness, but yeah, it can move real slow at times.
Yes i had mine installed on HD works fine, no lag times, but I seem to be in the minority, I seem to find the game extremely tedious and boring. (Loving the graphics lots though)

I play it and get bored attempting to do the challenges.

Now normally I just love this type of game so much, but I just can't seem to get into it.

It seems to be taking me too long on the travelling side and I think that's what I dislike.

It's a friends copy, I didn't actually buy it, I'm kind of glad I never bought it now.

If i keep on playing, will I begin to like it more everyone ? :D

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I feel like there are different kinds of openness in new games. There are open world games like the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3, and then there are open ended games like the Mass Effects and Star Wars: KotOR (my favorite game of all time). I MUCH prefer open ended games, where I have the options to persuade companions, choose certain quests, and react certain ways to conversations in order to shape the game. To me, they feel like they have enough structure so that the game doesn't get repetitive or mundane, but they are open enough so that I feel like I'm having a personalized experience.

That being said, I still really liked Oblivion (I am usually behind on games because I'm so cheap [if you'll notice my sig has ME2, lol]) and I can't wait to own Skyrim. I just sometimes wonder if one can have too much freedom in a video game.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
100% correct. I'm starting to feel the openness of Skyrim, is sort of it's weak point. You get to do anything, but it tend to lead you to nowhere. As far as leveling goes, it also doesn't give you any direction. Choose to invest in the wrong skill set, BAM, you may not be able to kill some of the higher level enemies. I think the problem comes in for new users, like myself, who Skyrim is their first try at the Elder Scrolls games.
I feel like there are different kinds of openness in new games. There are open world games like the Elder Scrolls games and Fallout 3, and then there are open ended games like the Mass Effects and Star Wars: KotOR (my favorite game of all time). I MUCH prefer open ended games, where I have the options to persuade companions, choose certain quests, and react certain ways to conversations in order to shape the game. To me, they feel like they have enough structure so that the game doesn't get repetitive or mundane, but they are open enough so that I feel like I'm having a personalized experience.

That being said, I still really liked Oblivion (I am usually behind on games because I'm so cheap [if you'll notice my sig has ME2, lol]) and I can't wait to own Skyrim. I just sometimes wonder if one can have too much freedom in a video game.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you there all the way 1jaxstate 1, just gave it another hour there and got fed up with it again. :(

I have so many quests open, and I can never seem to complete them, I find it hard to follow the map indications too.

I so much want to like it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I have like 15 quest to do. You can remove the quest markers on the ones you don't want to do, or want to do later. I found that out about 5 hours in, and it helped a lot.
I agree with you there all the way 1jaxstate 1, just gave it another hour there and got fed up with it again. :(

I have so many quests open, and I can never seem to complete them, I find it hard to follow the map indications too.

I so much want to like it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know 1jaxstate 1 but it's not helping at all, i'm still trying to find the owner of the Golden Claw, it took me forever to find the greybeards as well, and my last hour was searching for the 3 stolen books from the college.

I got stuck in some blasted cave looking for the first one sigh. (Never found it)

I'm scared to speak to anyone incase it starts another quest LOL

What chance have I got ? :D

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I have some awesome news for you. The Golden Claw quest is broke for me. I have it, but the guy I am suppose to give it to won't talk to me.

More great news, the book quest, later down the line, is also now broke for me too. I died during part of the quest, which required me to get a key to enter a building. It worked the first time, but after I died, he no longer offers me the key. He just sits there with a quest marker over his head. The game placed me outside the door, via my last save point, but now it wont reboot the events I need to get the key again.

It took me a 2 hours to find the greybeards. I only found them by watching a youtube video.

Cheers. LOL!
Yes I know 1jaxstate 1 but it's not helping at all, i'm still trying to find the owner of the Golden Claw, it took me forever to find the greybeards as well, and my last hour was searching for the 3 stolen books from the college.

I got stuck in some blasted cave looking for the first one sigh. (Never found it)

I'm scared to speak to anyone incase it starts another quest LOL

What chance have I got ? :D

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i have the Golden Claw too but I can't find who i'm supposed to give it to.

Well thanks for telling me about more future problems in store 1jaxstate1.

I'm struggling enough as it is without broken quests messing it up further. :D

(I haven't cheated with YouTube yet, but will soon I'm sure)

I'm not playing it until tomorrow now, I've had enough.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is making me want to play it again. Strangely. Seems like we are pretty much at the same spot in the game. I'm going to give it another shot.
Well i have the Golden Claw too but I can't find who i'm supposed to give it to.

Well thanks for telling me about more future problems in store 1jaxstate1.

I'm struggling eenough as it is without broken quests messing it up further. :D

(I haven't cheated with YouTube yet, but will soon I'm sure)
I got so frustrated, YouTube was my only option. LOL.

I didn't pay $63 bucks to be their beta tester!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss