12-05-2011 10:34 PM
40 12
tools
    Lmao... I read it as Spotify, not SyFy. HAAA. That's what happens when you start drinking early, on a day off :blush::P
    1jaxstate1 likes this.
    12-02-2011 06:18 PM
    Ahh thanks for that duvi, i'm off to bed now unconfused LOL :D

Catch you soon my friend. Hope the rest of your day off goes well. :)
    12-02-2011 06:23 PM
    Had my 360 and kinect for less than a week. I haven't even finished exploring and a new update is already coming? Awesome!

One thing that bothers me with voice is the fact that if the volume is up high (like watching Netflix or ESPN), I have to yell my commands. I wish kinect would automatically lower audio when it hears the command "xbox" so it could hear the rest of the commands clearly. Is it addressed in the update at all?
    12-02-2011 07:07 PM
    Had my 360 and kinect for less than a week. I haven't even finished exploring and a new update is already coming? Awesome!

One thing that bothers me with voice is the fact that if the volume is up high (like watching Netflix or ESPN), I have to yell my commands. I wish kinect would automatically lower audio when it hears the command "xbox" so it could hear the rest of the commands clearly. Is it addressed in the update at all?
    Yes i know what you mean ninjaap, when i'm listening to Last FM and an embarrassing favourite comes on, I have to shout a bit on the loud side 'XBOX NEXT' before it hears me.

I'm sure plenty of the neighbours have heard me, and think i'm a complete loony. :D
    5tephen likes this.
    12-03-2011 03:42 AM
    Epix has been released for a day or two already. I just noticed the "TODAY" app, today.
    12-05-2011 12:29 AM
    Yeah i tried Epix but it's region locked Grrrrr, but Today is fine duvi, quite liked playing with that. :)

Once all those apps are there, i'll have no time for gaming as i'll have to try the apps all out. :D
    12-05-2011 03:49 AM
    Ohhhhhh man, I was looking forward to the new dash until I read this thread. :(
    12-05-2011 04:46 AM
    The Quickplay (at least I think that is its name...my roommate is hogging the XBox right now) tile really saves this new UI. I, too, thought it was kind of hard to navigate. I didn't know, however, that you could use the bumpers to go between pages. I can't wait to try that out! :)
    12-05-2011 05:15 AM
    It's all fine and dandy with the new apps. But I'm looking through, and was wondering. How many of these will require a lateral subscription. You'll need a zune pass, subscribe to HBO, subscribe to Netflix, subscribe to Hulu plus, subscribe to Xinfinity OnDeman. Just seems the new dashboard is just a way to suck more money from consumers pockets.
    12-05-2011 09:51 AM
    It's all fine and dandy with the new apps. But I'm looking through, and was wondering. How many of these will require a lateral subscription. You'll need a zune pass, subscribe to HBO, subscribe to Netflix, subscribe to Hulu plus, subscribe to Xinfinity OnDeman. Just seems the new dashboard is just a way to suck more money from consumers pockets.
    This is kind of what people had in mind for TV content though. Congress made a law that cable (satelite, IPTV) providers had to offer a la carte options for channels. The problem was the providers offered bundles that were way cheaper than any combination of channels you wanted. The Xbox/Roku/GoogleTV/AppleTV model offers more of an a la carte solution. As an alternative to cable, it's pretty good. As a suplement, no so much.
    12-05-2011 01:57 PM
    Is it Dec 6 yet? Im excited for all these apps, because this is exactly what I bought the Xbox for. I won't be playing a lot of traditional games like MW or BF. I got it more for movies, music and Kinect games. Great for entertaining guests. I was disappointed to find out that we don't have FiOS in our area. What is it, like $89 for triple play and 1 year Gold subscription, through your xbox? That's cheaper than COX.
    12-05-2011 02:19 PM
    Yeah, If I could get full ESPN via the xbox, I could think about canceling my cable. Another problem I have is with tv shows. Seems like they are split between Hulu and Netflix, neither has a complete service. I wish they would combine and just be one service.
    This is kind of what people had in mind for TV content though. Congress made a law that cable (satelite, IPTV) providers had to offer a la carte options for channels. The problem was the providers offered bundles that were way cheaper than any combination of channels you wanted. The Xbox/Roku/GoogleTV/AppleTV model offers more of an a la carte solution. As an alternative to cable, it's pretty good. As a suplement, no so much.
    12-05-2011 03:05 PM
    Yeah, If I could get full ESPN via the xbox, I could think about canceling my cable. Another problem I have is with tv shows. Seems like they are split between Hulu and Netflix, neither has a complete service. I wish they would combine and just be one service.
    You're better off subscribing to VZW FiOS, because I'm sure a full ESPN channel will cost you a premium. FiOS is a full cable replacement with all the channels. Too bad availability is limited right now.
    12-05-2011 04:06 PM
    Did MS say you'd be able to subscribe to a channel? From the description, it seems as though you'll need to have those services (HBO and ESPN) on your cable's network in order to get to see them on the xbox.

This works out for those who can get login info from someone who has these services. For example, my boy's mother has cable with all the channels while he does not have cable tv at all. He will be able to use her login and watch HBO Go and others.
    12-05-2011 10:27 PM
    Not available in my area.
    You're better off subscribing to VZW FiOS, because I'm sure a full ESPN channel will cost you a premium. FiOS is a full cable replacement with all the channels. Too bad availability is limited right now.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express
    12-05-2011 10:34 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD