12-12-2011 04:24 AM
140 ... 3456
tools
    Youll probably have to delete the old Zune app from your console and redownload it.

It's working fine here Verkunder. (Both Zune Video & Music Marketplace)
    Ah, yes. I had redownloaded Netflix and Hulu+ and those worked, but something got corrupted when Zune installed. Working now!
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    12-07-2011 04:08 PM
    Excellent Verkunder. :)
    12-07-2011 04:10 PM
    I will be sure to do this. Great Job WeeBear as usual
    12-07-2011 04:21 PM
    Thank you SilverCha0s. :D
    12-07-2011 04:23 PM
    Hey guys, the Xbox Companion app isn't downloading for me... I get an error message:

"There has been a problem completing your request. Try again later.

Error Code: c101abb9"

:(

Ooh, BTW, well done the Titan, Weebear. Colour me extremely jealous! :D
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    12-07-2011 04:24 PM
    Aw thanks Big Supes, well skint now but a very happy skint LOL.

Delighted with my Titan. :)
    12-07-2011 04:30 PM
    Yes i was getting that error too a wee while ago, it does seem to be getting a little better, lately I think.

Just a little blip i'm sure.
    12-07-2011 04:31 PM
    Aw thanks Big Supes, well skint now but a very happy skint LOL.

Delighted with my Titan. :)
    Great news! Glad to hear it's worth it. :)

Yes i was getting that error too a wee while ago, it does seem to be getting a little better, lately I think.

Just a little blip i'm sure.
    Not sure what all that was about, but it's all sorted now. Happy days. :)
    12-07-2011 04:35 PM
    Well, I'm loving the new dash. It's easy to navigate and breaks down each sub-category quite nicely. The extra notifications are a handy touch, as well. For example, if a friend signs in whilst I'm playing a game, it'll tell me if they start playing the same game. This saves needless game invitations to those who are logging on to watch a movie, listen to music, or to play a different game. :)

Zune looks awesome and my first impressions of the LOVEFilm app are very high compared to the Playstation version. No more lagging and constant crashing! Yipee! Also, the menu and layout is far better.

I'm still waiting for the day Zune can sync with the Windows Phone library/playlists. That's a must, IMO.
    12-07-2011 04:47 PM
    It all looks very nice, but still prefer the last dashboard. I have no choice in it so I should stop moaning.

I'll get used to it eventually i'm sure. :)
    12-07-2011 04:50 PM
    Being honest, the last two really worked a little too well; they're hard to replace, but it's got to be done. I love both variations, but honestly think the Metro UI works really well. It's an exciting time for Xbox as she moves closer to her siblings. :)
    12-07-2011 05:00 PM
    Wooo listen to Mr marketing here LOL ;)

Right I'm for an early night, off to bed to play with my Titan. (Hmmm sounds a bit dodgy) :D

Right, who shouted 'hooray peace at last in the forums' at the back ? WHACK! ;)
    12-07-2011 05:04 PM
    Yeah, I read the last bit back and thought, "ooh, God. I'm such a fanboy". :D

Night, Weebear. :)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express
    12-07-2011 05:12 PM
    I'm not a fan of the new dash yet. It took a minute or two before I even figured out how to navigate. I was pressing left and right across every single tile before I realized you could go up and pick the menu items. And it was even later that I found out that the bumpers also scrolled through menu items.

I don't like the design choice of having a big tile in the middle with smaller tiles to each side. I'd prefer the big tile on the left with a square of 4 tiles to the right of it.
    12-07-2011 07:51 PM
    I'm not a fan of the new dash yet. It took a minute or two before I even figured out how to navigate. I was pressing left and right across every single tile before I realized you could go up and pick the menu items. And it was even later that I found out that the bumpers also scrolled through menu items.

I don't like the design choice of having a big tile in the middle with smaller tiles to each side. I'd prefer the big tile on the left with a square of 4 tiles to the right of it.
    And I bet they're some who want the big tile on the right, so they put it in the middle to be fair :P:lol:
    12-07-2011 07:56 PM
    You preferr the last dash!! That's crazy talk I tells ya.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    12-08-2011 02:32 AM
    You preferr the last dash!! That's crazy talk I tells ya.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    For getting to what I want speedily, i found it much better SilverCha0s.

It's not the end of the world, it's only a dashboard after all. :D
    12-08-2011 04:38 AM
    Hmmmmmm, i'm starting to question your sanity after your titan purchase and your dashboard rantings
    12-08-2011 05:01 AM
    You wouldn't be the first. :D
    12-08-2011 05:19 AM
    I must say, as excited as I was about the companion app, i am a little disappointed. Not much, just a little. Maybe I need to use it a bit more.
    12-08-2011 05:53 AM
    I must say, as excited as I was about the companion app, i am a little disappointed. Not much, just a little. Maybe I need to use it a bit more.
    It is just alright. I really wanted two things: Netflix inclusion and being able to use it to type in text fields on the XBox.

I got one out of two. I still have to search for content on the phone like I would for using Zune, but when I finally make a choice, it lets me know if I can watch it on Netflix. However, I've already found a title that didn't show up in the app as being available on Netflix.

It really does feel like a remote. I think it goes very well with the media settings of the new XBox set-up. My Zune app is completely broken (it will download, but won't install), so I can't try my Zune Pass, yet. :(
    12-08-2011 08:29 AM
    It is just alright. I really wanted two things: Netflix inclusion and being able to use it to type in text fields on the XBox.

I got one out of two. I still have to search for content on the phone like I would for using Zune, but when I finally make a choice, it lets me know if I can watch it on Netflix. However, I've already found a title that didn't show up in the app as being available on Netflix.

It really does feel like a remote. I think it goes very well with the media settings of the new XBox set-up. My Zune app is completely broken (it will download, but won't install), so I can't try my Zune Pass, yet. :(
    Ooh. I didn't even think of that. Would be nice to use the WP keyboard in the XBOX.
    12-08-2011 08:40 AM
    My Zune app is completely broken (it will download, but won't install), so I can't try my Zune Pass, yet. :(
    Try deleting the zune app from your hard drive and re downloading it, that seems to work
    12-08-2011 09:22 AM
    Just curious, what would you use it to type? If you want to send a msg to a friend, why bring the Xbox into the equation at all? Same for redeeming codes...and I can't think of anything else I'd type in, haha.

That said I do wish the app linked to the native features of your gamer list so you could send msgs from "inside" the app instead of having to go back to start then going to games.

Perfect world...the phone would act just like the Guide button on my Xbox. So I could screw around with everything that menu can do without interrupting the Xbox.

Try deleting the zune app from your hard drive and re downloading it, that seems to work
    If only I had read that somewhere before...like the previous page, haha. This thread did get a little wordy/hidden though.
    12-08-2011 09:47 AM
    If only I had read that somewhere before...like the previous page, haha. This thread did get a little wordy/hidden though.
    Did it work though?
    12-08-2011 09:57 AM
140 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD