Netflix Launches Today (UK)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for talking to myself again (some things never change) :D

I've just looked at their selection, it's awful, very little to chose from and they are so old.

Don't think i'll even bother with a trial now. :(

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought the same thing when I initially browsed on my new XBox, but have found a bunch of movies to watch. Not sure how long I will keep the subscription going, but will give it a few months.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i was surprised how poor Netflix was jimski, if you compare it with LoveFilm it's like night and day.

Maybe give them a trial instead. Although don't think they have a WP app which would be fun.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
there is a better selection than the website suggests. Better for TV than film though. If you check the pocketlint article posted today there are screenshots showing more than the obscure or dated rubbish on the netflix 'browse selection' pages.

Is a WP7 app actually on the way?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mattpga, that's good to know, although they really should update the website to include something better than they show because it totally put me off.

There's already a Netflix app for the US not sure when it'll arrive for the UK Marketplace.

No idea about an official LoveFilm app, there are already 2 that let you browse your lists, but they aren't streaming enabled.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
it put me off too, then saw the screenshots on pocketlint and you can see TV series such as Dexter, Weeds, and Kalifornication on the list which would (in my opinion) be worth watching. I'll risk it and set myself a reminder on my Mozart to cancel if its no good :)

Not particularly bothered about an app while i still have a 3.7 inch screen. Would be nice to have the option, and hopefully will as it already exists in US of A

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
just had a look. The films are nothing that hasnt been on TV, but a good selection of TV series. Good for a catch up on things you missed, or if your like me always miss the beginning of the series and dont bother, Stuff like Heroes, Nurse Jackie, Damages, 24, Weeds, Firefly, Breaking bad, Spooks etc. Like a big pile of box sets to watch. free :)

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I came to the same conclusion, poor selection of films but plenty of tv series for me to try.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans