zune pass vs xbox family

ThePaladinTech

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Does the $99 yearly Xbox family service include music or do I still need to buy a Zune pass? I'm confused as to the differences. Seems like $160 a year would be a bit steep to me for both.

Just got a Lumina 900 which marks my return to the windows smart phone and to Nokia.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Does the $99 yearly Xbox family service include music or do I still need to buy a Zune pass? I'm confused as to the differences. Seems like $160 a year would be a bit steep to me for both.

Just got a Lumina 900 which marks my return to the windows smart phone and to Nokia.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!

No. The family pass is only good for 4 Xbox live subscriptions. The Zune pass is not included.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Both are still really good value if you use them both to their fullest. You can always find a friend to use the extra slots in family if you won't fill them all, but be aware that the "child accounts" do occasionally require the "parent" to login for them if some restriction pops up. (xbox only)

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
To confirm Xbox Music and the Xbox Gold are separate entities? I just care about music as I do not game - so I should be buying the Music pass? Xbox Gold is a lot cheaper so I suppose the music is not included?

Thanks in advance.

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
To confirm Xbox Music and the Xbox Gold are separate entities? I just care about music as I do not game - so I should be buying the Music pass? Xbox Gold is a lot cheaper so I suppose the music is not included?

Thanks in advance.

Correct, Xbox Gold is primarily related to gaming and allows you to have party chats and play multiplayer games online. If you are only interested in music then you want a Zune Pass (or Xbox Music as it is now called).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923