Xbox Public Beta

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone who is in this? I know due to NDA restrictions we can't discuss much about it but what is everyone's thoughts on it?

S.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, you should see the....... nope can't tell you. If I did, then I'd have to kill you.

And everyone who reads this. :D

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, you should see the....... nope can't tell you. If I did, then I'd have to kill you.

And everyone who reads this. :D

Lol I'm in it :p. Was just wondering what everyone's impressions were.

I really like it. It's good to see all of the Windows devices come closer together.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for it and it said I was in but I never got the download :S.

I'm interested to use IE and SmartGlass, but I don't see Xbox Live as being justifiable to keep paying for when I can get better, faster games on PC without paying for Live (aside from Halo 4)

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for it and it said I was in but I never got the download :S.

I'm interested to use IE and SmartGlass, but I don't see Xbox Live as being justifiable to keep paying for when I can get better, faster games on PC without paying for Live (aside from Halo 4)

Did you generate the key from the site and complete the registration on the console mate?

I'm quite liking the look of SmartGlass too.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I've not been a hardcore gamer and when I did play, it was on PS3. I have begun to play more on the 360 as of late, so I really don't see much of a difference in the old....what's it called, homescreen? vs the new homescreen.

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the beta, as I was last year, and I can tell you one thing: WE DONT GET TO TEST SMARTGLASS DAMN IT.

This is the same thing that happened last year. "Oh yeah you'll get an Xbox Companion App to control your Xbox! No it's not in the beta program what are you CRAZY?"

I feel like a major feature like Smart Glass should be heavily publicly tested, but at the same time I'm willing to bet people going crazy to talk about it would be too large a risk for Microsoft if it was crap.

That all being said, I think the new dash is an improvement over last year's release. The newest features work well and as intended. I've also noticed improved Kinect voice detection across all apps. For example, if you loaded YouTube and navigated by voice, in the previous dashboard, it wouldn't allow you to navigate until it refreshed all the videos in your view at least 4 times. Now there is a short pause as before, but without the refreshing videos. This makes navigating a faster experience with voice. This isn't something top secret like some other stuff, but as a regular voice navigator I was pleased with the improvements.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why Xbox gets ads. I don't have ads on my computer or phone.

I don't know why my pins go into a pin folder and not to the start screen. More ad space I guess.

Really sad that my computer is now faster than my xbox when it comes to boot up and opening folders/apps/games.

Otherwise I love it.

Raylz

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why Xbox gets ads. I don't have ads on my computer or phone.

I don't know why my pins go into a pin folder and not to the start screen. More ad space I guess.

Really sad that my computer is now faster than my Xbox when it comes to boot up and opening folders/apps/games.

Otherwise I love it.
I was in it but smart glass will come when ready but i think IE supports smart glass now.
now that the beta period is over and nda dont have a need to check us its all good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077