Hate my gamertag

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok I don't like the gamertag I chose when I opened my free account with XBox Live. The only instructions I can find change it using the XBox, which I won't even have until Christmas time (buying one for my son). I want to get my account straightened up and ready in anticipation of that SUPER SWEET Lumia 920 I'm planning to snag. Any way to change the gamertag using your computer instead of the XBox console?

Thanks!

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok I don't like the gamertag I chose when I opened my free account with XBox Live. The only instructions I can find change it using the XBox, which I won't even have until Christmas time (buying one for my son). I want to get my account straightened up and ready in anticipation of that SUPER SWEET Lumia 920 I'm planning to snag. Any way to change the gamertag using your computer instead of the XBox console?

Even if you change the gamer tag at a later date, it won't affect your ability to setup your 920. :)

Only if you changed the Microsoft Account that goes with it.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Any way to change the gamertag using your computer instead of the XBox console?

Thanks!

Really it all comes down to ponying up 800 MS points (~$10) to change your gamertag.

So I believe you can either install some game that's a Games for Windows (not too sure about this so do some research) that access the Live servers and stuff like Xbox; or you can just call up the Xbox Live tech support number and tell them over the phone that you want to change your gamertag and consent to having your credit card charged; or you setup an entirely new live account with a new gamertag

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss