Will Xbox 360 adapter work with a wired router?

roywhj

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought the grey wireless xbox 360 adapter and am wondering if it will work with a regular wired router, rather than a wireless one? If not, I have a laptop that connects to the internet via Wifi, can I use that in place of a wireless router if I have to? If so, how?

Please only answer if you have had experience with this or relatively know what you're talking about. I appreciate it! Thanks so much!

sniperwolf115.png

xbox 360 controller charger dsi charger dsi xl case

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No. The wireless adapter will only work with a router which broadcasts a signal, not a wired router.

As for internet sharing, yes, that will work. It will take some patience to get it working. In Windows 7 or 8, go to the Start Menu and type in "Internet Sharing."

Once the setting is enabled on your LAN Ethernet Adapter, you'll be set. What you'll need to do now is have an Ethernet cable ready and connect it from your Ethernet port on your laptop to your Xbox, and test the connection.

If you have other issues, let me know. Sometimes Xbox will ask for some ports to be opened. If this is the case, a quick Google search will help.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)