Question on optical connection and tiles

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Two questions if anyone knows. I have a new slim 360 and connected it via hdmi and toslink optical to my marantze receiver. Is that the best way for audio?

How do I move app tiles over to the main screens. I want to put the media center app pin on the front screen to access it easier.

thanks

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I would suggest for Audio, I am a big fan of TOSlink, though if you want a single cable solution and your receiver supports HDMI you can use HDMI as well.

You cannot move app tiles all the way to the main screen front page, you can "pin" apps so that you can easily access them from the My Pins on the main screen however. Just open the app and add it to Pinned Apps

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I was totally bummed when I found that "pinning" favorites meant just putting them in a folder called pins... Like wtf. Way to be totally misleading about the functionality lol.

As for the original issue mpovolo, toslink will be about the best you can get. HDMI is the newer standard and is compatible with newer technologies. If I'm not mistaken, the 360 is not compatible with those new technologies either...

Toslink vs HDMI audio

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro