So i've tried Smartglass on my Lumia 920 to work with HBO Go so i can get the awesome experience that Microsoft showed at E3 last year. It doesn't work. I downloaded the CW app to get this smartglass experience and did doesn't work. I know when Halo 4 first launched, the smartglass function didn't work. After some time they did fix it, but you'd think that this being a windows phone and those being other microsoft products that they would want to get them to work from the start. Anyone know when smartglass is supposed to work correctly with a Windows Phone?
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130427_0001.png  
    04-28-2013 08:51 PM
    I use Smartglass on my Verizon Lumia 822 and it works as a remote control on my Xbox. I don't have HBO and don't watch CW.
    04-28-2013 09:49 PM
    Yeah i can get the remote function, but that is the boring stuff. The whole second screen smartglass experience is what i want, but unfortunately microsoft didn't think windows phones need that full experience of their app.
    04-30-2013 12:40 AM
    Yeah i can get the remote function, but that is the boring stuff. The whole second screen smartglass experience is what i want, but unfortunately microsoft didn't think windows phones need that full experience of their app.
    Calnor, Smartglass works with Windows Phone perfectly fine. You seemed to be a little confused on who's responsible for what. Most people don't realize that every Smartglass experience is developed custom by the app developer. Smartglass also has to be developed specifically for each category of devices, like the categories that were shown on your first-post screenshot.So in this case, HBO is responsible for developing a Smartglass experience that works with Windows Phone. Microsoft is not to blame here, HBO is.

Hopefully I helped you understand how Smartglass works a little better. :)
    05-08-2013 11:24 AM
    smartglass version of "The Hobbit" works and is cool as hell. Pauses the film for you if you start getting into sections of the app and don't want to miss the film, cues up the scenes its referring too, includes A LOT of artwork and behind the scenes stills, also has 3d models of some of the CG characters which you can orbit around etc. Really quite neat, just wish it was available whenever I want, not just when the movie is on. Also wish smartglass wasn't so xbox dependant (not really cool that I can't watch the hobbit on my PC while smartglassing on the surface) Along this vein, I wish I could lay in bed and use smart glass to control video/music on my surface connected with HDMI to my TV as opposed to getting up after every episode or album. The xbox dependency severely limits this app's appeal especially as competitors develop similar (or continue existing similar) technologies.
    05-16-2013 06:59 PM