11-29-2013 09:46 AM
433 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I am getting the Xbox ONE... And already have bought (payed in full) for COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and Ryse. I think I'll have a great DAY ONE!
    Man your pretty hardcore and ouch, hate to see that bill ! I'll pick one up but, maybe not on release day (still on the line on that one, I can still order the release version from MS's store). I was only grabbing 1 or 2 games (COD:Ghosts is on that list)
    08-27-2013 02:22 PM
    Probably, just not for a bit. I've got a LOT of games to play on the 360 as it is, and I haven't been working because of school (which I am hoping to resolve this semester), so I couldn't pay for one at launch. That'd mean I'll probably get one next summer or something, since that would coincide with my college graduation and my birthday.
    08-28-2013 06:30 AM
    Taxes are a REALLY bad example, because taxes are often moronic. My last license registration fee was increased $2.00 from last year's, and they said it was for park maintenance. What park maintenance has to do with my vehicular actions, I do not know. I don't agree with the idea of taxing everyone for everything, regardless of use. If I don't have kids to send to school, I shouldn't be forced to pay education taxes that pay overpriced union teachers and go towards the pathetic curriculum in public schools. I shouldn't have to pay taxes to feed and house rapists and murderers, either.

That's not the point of this thread, though. Like I said, paying for access you paid to get access to already is where it becomes silly. You don't pay for access to a movie theater to buy tickets. You don't pay for access to Netflix on PC, PS3, or mobile devices either, beyond the initial subscription cost for the Netflix service. The point here is that Microsoft is the exception to the rule here, charging for a service (access to non-gaming features) that no one else charges for. Yes, it is their right to (just as it is my right to skip paying for it), but that also does not mean that I have to agree with the system and abstain from suggesting improvement. I'm not saying that anyone DESERVES Netflix on Xbox, only that I find it silly that Microsoft decides to put the service behind a paywall that no other company does.
    Um. I am in the correct thread? Have an Xbox one pre-ordered. :-)

Also. I am happy to pay taxes for schools, kids or no kids. The world needs people to have an education because it impacts all of us.
    09-02-2013 09:19 PM
    I think Microsoft got away with the XBL Gold paywall because those features(netflix) came in years later. But since they're ADVERTISING the XBONE as a media-PC it behooves them to remove the App Channels from behind the pay wall.
    09-02-2013 09:30 PM
    I'm still getting an XONE!
    My launch games to buy are:

• Battlefield 4
    • Need For Speed: Rivals
    • Dead Rising 3
    • Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag

And fairly soon after:
    • Killer Instinct
    09-05-2013 08:10 PM
    will get day one edition with fifa14. honestly, i am playing just fifa13 multiplayer on my xbox360 these days, so I might grab just 1 or 2 extra games for Xone. Watch dogs looks really nice and maybe GTA V if it will be out on the Day One.
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    09-06-2013 05:47 AM
    So I'm probably going to cancel my XBO pre-order. I had three games that I was really pumped about getting and only one is coming this year. Originally I thought Titanfall was coming this year so I was really pumped about that. Sadly, it's not dropping until 2014. I'm also really excited about Project Spark, which is hitting Windows 8 this year but the XBO version is next year. And finally there's Killer Instinct, which looks awesome but will only offer 8 characters with more content trickling out sometime in 2014. I don't think I need to drop $500 this fall for essentially one game and a box that says "Day One." I'm not canceling my pre-order yet but I don't feel an urge to get one this fall. Plus my 360 still has a stranglehold on me. I gotta finish Arkham City. Arkham Origins is right around the corner. Buy GTA5. I just picked up DOA5 Ultimate. So, I got some company.
    09-24-2013 07:11 PM
    So I'm probably going to cancel my XBO pre-order. I had three games that I was really pumped about getting and only one is coming this year. Originally I thought Titanfall was coming this year so I was really pumped about that. Sadly, it's not dropping until 2014. I'm also really excited about Project Spark, which is hitting Windows 8 this year but the XBO version is next year. And finally there's Killer Instinct, which looks awesome but will only offer 8 characters with more content trickling out sometime in 2014. I don't think I need to drop $500 this fall for essentially one game and a box that says "Day One." I'm not canceling my pre-order yet but I don't feel an urge to get one this fall. Plus my 360 still has a stranglehold on me. I gotta finish Arkham City. Arkham Origins is right around the corner. Buy GTA5. I just picked up DOA5 Ultimate. So, I got some company.
    You still getting the 1520, right Cori?
    09-25-2013 04:03 AM
    I still want to get a 1020 for my girl. I'm pretty happy with my 920 still.
    09-26-2013 02:01 AM
    I still want to get a 1020 for my girl. I'm pretty happy with my 920 still.
    Awesome.
    09-27-2013 01:32 AM
    After finally getting to play on the XBox1 at the Eurogamer Expo I definitely will be getting this over the PS4. Battlefield 4 was finally playable and running on the XBox1 and was very impressive.
    Forza looked absolutely stunning, even Kinect Sport Rivals impressed

The controller was so satisfying to use and hold
    Blu3V3nom07 and Coreldan like this.
    09-30-2013 05:18 AM
    After finally getting to play on the XBox1 at the Eurogamer Expo I definitely will be getting this over the PS4. Battlefield 4 was finally playable and running on the XBox1 and was very impressive.

Did you get to see anybody else playing or demoing Kinect Sports Rivals? How well did the game perform in translating user actions to the screen? I know there's an article out there about the Kinect and this game, but I'm under the impression that the article and that site are heavily biased... it's so hard to find someone who will honestly give impressions these days ("these days" being the launch of new consoles)

Also, was there any one particular reason you would choose this over the PS4? Have you had the chance to play PS4 as well?
    10-01-2013 06:12 PM
    Nov. 22nd can't get here soon enough... Wife keeps stranding me in living room with the TV remote on her chair... Yeah, I can get up to grab it, but im usually gamming or programming and it would be nice to just speak my mind and have the "TV" react...

And no, I'm not so lazy... Did Tough Mudder back in April and signed up for a Zombie run on the 18th... And the Horton guy doing the One's fitness app has my interest peaked too... Just gotta find out if it will be worth subscribing to after it costs $$ Nov 2014
    Last edited by sinime; 10-02-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    10-02-2013 09:23 PM
    Did you get to see anybody else playing or demoing Kinect Sports Rivals? How well did the game perform in translating user actions to the screen? I know there's an article out there about the Kinect and this game, but I'm under the impression that the article and that site are heavily biased... it's so hard to find someone who will honestly give impressions these days ("these days" being the launch of new consoles)

Also, was there any one particular reason you would choose this over the PS4? Have you had the chance to play PS4 as well?
    They had a big stage with public coming up and challenging each other on the jet ski game. From what I saw the user actions were very responsive and the camera scanning that was used to make the in-game avatar did seem quite good and did make a close match to the user.

Choosing this over PS4 was mainly down to how the controller felt in my hand and the games that were available on show (Titanfall, Forza, BF4, Ryse on XBone, compared to Fifa14, Driveclub on PS4)
    I do think with big multiplatform games there won't really be any difference between the 2 consoles.

COD:Ghost was also playable on the XBone, but after the 10 minutes of play I got, I left feeling that there was nothing new and it just looked like it would run perfectly well on a current gen system.
    10-03-2013 04:01 AM
    Sticking with PC
    10-03-2013 04:04 AM

I went and found it very boring. Didn't get to play on the ps4 though because the queues were hench. Played some wolfenstein new order which was awesome.
    10-03-2013 04:06 AM
    I will be sticking with PC at least until Halo 5 comes out... Idk how i can pass that up :P Im sure there will be a limited edition console i can pick up too :P
    10-03-2013 11:51 AM
    I am getting one, hopefully on a midnight release in Miami, should one happen of course, so far I haven't read anything about one of those.
    10-03-2013 11:52 AM
    Xbox One (incl Forza 5), plus BF4 and Dead Rising 3 are all in the pipeline.

It's just a matter of counting down the days now...

A kid a Christmas springs to mind.
    10-03-2013 01:02 PM
    Day one preordered 😊 also ryse, forza and watchdogs

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    10-04-2013 06:42 AM
    I've been a 360 guy forever, but I am not going with the xbox one. Spycam and always on soured me completely. Don't care that they retracted it. They'll just enforce it later once everyone buys into the ecosystem. Also, spycam is still a spycam. If you don't think they're gonna be collecting data and monitoring you, then you probably think the NSA is doing a bangup job.

Well my brother and I played PS1 back in the day, so in a way I'm going "home" to PS4. Looking forward to it!
    10-05-2013 01:24 PM
    I've been a 360 guy forever, but I am not going with the xbox one. Spycam and always on soured me completely. Don't care that they retracted it. They'll just enforce it later once everyone buys into the ecosystem. Also, spycam is still a spycam. If you don't think they're gonna be collecting data and monitoring you, then you probably think the NSA is doing a bangup job.

Well my brother and I played PS1 back in the day, so in a way I'm going "home" to PS4. Looking forward to it!
    I hope Sony throw in a tin foil hat with that PS4. :D
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    10-05-2013 02:43 PM
    I hope Sony throw in a tin foil hat with that PS4. :D
    Last edited by EchoOne30; 04-30-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    10-05-2013 02:56 PM
    Do u have a smartphone? Tablet? Laptop? All of these have cameras and microphones. If the gov, marketers, profilers want to get info on u they will. If this is your problem u probably should go find a nice place in the mountains.
    10-05-2013 03:02 PM
    Do u have a smartphone? Tablet? Laptop? All of these have cameras and microphones. If the gov, marketers, profilers want to get info on u they will. If this is your problem u probably should go find a nice place in the mountains.
    "It's gonna happen no matter what so why fight it"

Brilliant life strategy.
    10-05-2013 05:55 PM
433 ... 1314151617 ...