So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So you've heard the specs, the news and the games that are coming. I've included a rundown of the specs and some pictures of the device below for reference:

Specs:

Operating System: 3 - Microsoft Kernel, Xbox OS with Hyper-V ting both together.
CPU: AMD/Microsoft Custom Jaguar 8-core (28nm)
GPU (on cpu die): DirectX 11.1 and 32MB of high bandwidth embedded ESRAM memory.
RAM:
8GB
Optical Drive: Blu-ray (with DVD playback compatibility)
HDMI: In and Out, Version 1.4
USB Support: Version 3.0
Hard Drive: 500GB (Supports external mass storage devices for expansion)
WiFi: Yes, 3 radios supporting 802.11n, peripheral connection and WiFi Direct.
Ethernet: Yes
Audio and Video: 1080p and 4K both supported; 7.1 surround sound.
Kinect: Version 2.0, bundled with the console and contains 250,000-pixel infrared depth sensor and 1080p resolution at 30 Frames Per Second. Web cam functionality uses 720p resolution.
Backwards Compatibility (Xbox 360 games): No
Second-hand Games: When you put the disc in, you will have to purchase a license to play the game. Similarly if you want to sell on a game you bought, you'll have to 'unlock' the disc from your account for a fee. Details to be confirmed further.

Pictures:

XBOXONECONSOLEPICS.jpg
XBOXONECONTROLLERPICS.png

XBOXONEKINECT.png
Discuss below your thoughts and impressions, and whether you intend to get One!

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sign me up!

Edit: meh, "Later this year."... Was hoping for a release date, but I guess they can't let us look up their skirt, this close to E3.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested, not so much for the gaming, but for the rest of it. Sure, some games I would probably get for it, but I don't really believe in paying 60€ for a game that barely lasts 20 hours. It would nicely fulfill my Microsoft ecosystem (Win 8, Surface, WP8) and get me a bluray player at the same time.

That said, a lot of the stuff will likely never be of any use here in Finland like the sports integrations (dont even watch sports, though) etc..

Depends on the price of the cheaper version that has the mandatory 2 year xbox gold thing, I might get that one, but not really interested in sinking a lot of money into a glorified media player.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am not into gaming and the Ps3 does everything else I need, so no.
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Still not sure between PS4 or Xbox One. I've been with Playstation since the beginning but since getting my windows phone with the Xbox tile, I might switch to have further integration.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I really don't care about the gaming aspect since I only do PC games (nothing worse than a game controller, as far as I'm concerned). It's all the other aspects that attract me. The question I have--and this is a deal-breaker for me--with the TV aspects work with a sat? I refuse to give up Dish Network for cable TV, period. So, if Xbox One can work with whatever TV feed and have the guide work, then I'm sold on this puppy.

ilhe1s

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm definitely going to get One!

I've had the first 2 Xboxes and this looks like it'll be my next. Not sure why but I expected it to be a little thinner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb