So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
What X1 has over PS4, is the whole Microsoft portfolio. SkyDrive, Skype, Windows, Xbox Music and Videos, Kinect, SmartGlass, and many other features that completely expand the reach of the Xbox One beyond just a gaming console.

When you add on top of that the TV and Sports integration what do you get? An entire entertainment ecosystem. Sony simply does not have that at all with the PS4. They have a really good game system, that's it. And that's all many gamers need. But that audience is small compared to the audience the X1 can attract.

Well put, this is the reason why for the first time in a decade I'm considering getting a console. I just went to Sony's site to look at their PS4-page and their integration with other systems got as far as playing PS4 games on PSP through streaming. Sure, they havn't even released as much info as MS has done so far, but considering that we have 2 PCs (Win 8 on desktop and Win 7 on a laptop), Surface RT, WP8 and WP7 in the household, it would be madness for me to get the PS4. I'm sure it's gonna be a succesful device and really good for gaming, but what I want goes beyond putting in a disc and playing games. If it was gaming only, I'd rather use my PC.

The deal isnt totally sealed for me yet, mostly comes down to the price (and my financial situation as primarily a student at this time), but if X1 was yet another console that did nothing but play the games you feed to it, I wouldn't have even looked that way and the same goes for all other consoles. So indeed, the X1 attracted audience with this move it wouldn't have attracted otherwise. I guess one could argue that they lost audience by not showing games in the first conference ("herp derp they dont focus on gaming", wtf is there to focus when it remains the same as the last decade, just new HW and new games), but lets face it: most people who will buy the X1 or PS4 didn't even watch either devices release conferences

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You figure MS would be aware of all these "rumors" floating about and would address them in their reveal. These rumors are doing more damage than good. Not saying anything, and having journalists/bloggers ask after the conference rather than tackling it head on is the worst thing you can do. If they don't come clear with it by E3, then there is reason to believe that something fishy is going on.

Oh I don't know...so I can play GAMES? The 360 dropped the ball when it came to exclusives. The only notable ones being Forza, Gears of War, and Halo. The PS3 has/had Uncharted, Demon Souls, The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Resistance, Infamous, and more. They say they are going to have 14 new IPs, but how many of those will be sustained through the life cycle of the console, and how many of those are going to be "Kinect Dance Off Extreme!"?

Also, pot meets kettle, because Sony hasn't even revealed their console and everything it can do, yet you're deeming the "X1" the console that "blows the PS4 out of the water".

If they had the balls, they would address they would have addressed these rumors head on, given it's been half a year of this stuff. As the former MS creative director once said, "Deal with it!"

And yet those 3 exclusives that Xbox has had, Forza, Gears of War, and Halo have been much bigger hits than anything you named. Halo alone is one of the biggest franchises. So much, Steven Spielberg is launching a TV series based on it. :)

At least 100 million copies...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
And the PS3 has more world wide sales at this point than the 360 despite coming out a year later and having the infamous "599.99 US Dollars". More console sales = more games bought for the PS3. With that being said, I honestly don't care about sales. I care about the experience a video game can provide me. Everything from its narrative to the detailed textures. There is a reason that the 360 was stereotyped as the "bro" console, and that conference did nothing but reinforce it. Call of Duty and EA Sports...awesome for those who like it, not so much for the gamer. The PS3 has offered a variety from FPS to RPGs. You'll also be getting the same third party games that X1 will be getting. Maybe missing a feature here and there, due to Kinect, but I honestly could care less.

I realize I'm on WP, so there is going to be favoritism towards MS, but if you go on any video game/electronic website that doesn't hold an allegiance towards one side or another, and you will see that GAMERS are heavily leaning towards the PS4 currently. Why? Because they care about GAMES. They could care less about Kinect controlling your TV or Skyping with a buddy. Sony did a great job teasing some games in their conference and we will obviously see more at E3. Right now, in terms of marketing, Sony is holding the edge. You think 40 year old Soccer Mom is watching the Xbox conference going "Ohhh wow, I can have this thing control my TV!"?

And wow, you honestly don't think Exclusives can't make or break a product? Imagine if MS never had Halo or Gears of War. Imagine if Nintendo didn't have Mario or Zelda. Uncharted 2 won game of the year and put the PS3 on notice that year. You don't think everyone is sitting around waiting for the Wii U to release the next big 3D Mario, Super Smash, or Zelda game? Sales are going to boom just like they did when the 3DS released the OoT remake along with Mario 3D Land.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
What world do you live in where the PS3 sold more? It may have out sold the 360 during PS3 launch. The 360 has had a commanding lead over the PS3 month to month and overall in about every region but Japan (possibly others). http://nexgenwars.com/

I'm sorry but your post seems to be filled with speculation, anecdotal evidence, and outright fabrication.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I realize I'm on WP, so there is going to be favoritism towards MS, but if you go on any video game/electronic website that doesn't hold an allegiance towards one side or another, and you will see that GAMERS are heavily leaning towards the PS4 currently. Why? Because they care about GAMES. They could care less about Kinect controlling your TV or Skyping with a buddy. Sony did a great job teasing some games in their conference and we will obviously see more at E3. Right now, in terms of marketing, Sony is holding the edge. You think 40 year old Soccer Mom is watching the Xbox conference going "Ohhh wow, I can have this thing control my TV!"?

So, then what when at E3 MS actually presents the games and is now on pretty much equal footing with PS4 that oh-so-heavily focused on gaming? We have two consoles that get the same games + different exclusives, but at this time the xbox one is known to do alot more in addition to the games that are obviously coming to both consoles?

Supposing that prices are in the same ballpark but the other one does more, who do you think gets the customers then? Xbox One has the kinect that might raise the price a bit, is Sony bundling it's equivalent to the package? When I checked the website, it sorta looked like it, but I'm not sure, but lets assume they dont so this makes Xbox a tad more expensive. But then we have Sony that has some fairly expensive memory in PS4, whereas X1 uses cheap bulk RAM (although ignoring the potential difference in performance), so this will likely raise the price of the PS4.

In addition, MS can afford pricing really aggressively (consoles always sold for loss anyways, profit coming from games etc), while Sony's finances are a lot more on a fine line.

At this point I feel it's quite irrelevant to discuss as we havnt seen much about what the PS4 can do in addition to gaming and we havn't see the X1 yet in gaming really. However with just common sense, it's obvious that X1 will have its exclusives and the same multiplatform games and they will look and feel nice. What is not obvious is that the PS4 has all the features that the X1 has in addition. I wouldn't also ignore that Windows 8 is getting more and more users and if the 360 is anything to go by, I can have videos play from my PC to a 360 in like two clicks from the mouse + other integration that goes with the "Windows 8 world", including smartglass etc..

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It almost seems like anyone who says Xbox won't have games either wasn't paying attention or already decided on PS4 and only heard what they wanted to hear. Microsoft showed off a few games, mentioned several times during the show and many times before it that games will be shown at E3, and have already committed to 15 exclusives for this year alone. They talked about game processing in the cloud, showed the home screen will have most recently launched apps/games (and if all you do is game, it will be filled with games). They talked about what you can do with games, how you may be able to interact with games, how they can make games look better, a dedicated OS partition only for games so everything is speedy, etc.

Everyone is free to complain at E3 if the games all suck but you don't know that! This is the launch of a brand new system, they're going to make it grand. If people can give PS4 the benefit of the doubt (no, they haven't shown nor explained everything) then at least give the same to MS.

Listen to the major nelson podcast and these guys are saying games games and more games at E3. Stressing that they were careful to tell everyone that this event wouldn't have much in regards to games - and to stick around for E3 in a few short weeks, but still people are pretending as if there aren't going to be any. Again, console launch, they say they're focused on games, they have implemented things to improve gaming... All signs point to a big focus on gaming and we'll see a lot at E3. I think they know they can't blow it at this point.

Side note: My mom is 63 and wants to buy an Xbox One. She said the event impressed her and it looks like the future, yadda yadda. She's not even into tech stuff and she wants it.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
What world do you live in where the PS3 sold more? It may have out sold the 360 during PS3 launch. The 360 has had a commanding lead over the PS3 month to month and overall in about every region but Japan (possibly others). http://nexgenwars.com/

I'm sorry but your post seems to be filled with speculation, anecdotal evidence, and outright fabrication.

http://gamercheeese.com/2013/02/18/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-console-wars-numbers-game/

This says the consoles are pretty much neck and neck worldwide, which I believe the poster made reference to

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Xbox 360 vs. PS3: The Console Wars Numbers Game |

This says the consoles are pretty much neck and neck worldwide, which I believe the poster made reference to

That is the only site I have ever seen with those results. I used to follow the console wars when I was younger, too much. Now I don't really care. But pretty much everywhere else I have seen claims an 8 million unit advantage to the Xbox. Now the PS2 just destroyed the original Xbox console, wasn't even close. So it'll be interesting to see how it plays out this time around. I for one will be getting the XboxOne. It makes sense, Windows computers, Windows Tablets (soonish), Xbox, Windows Phones, Xbox Music Pass. I really hope this generation of HW really brings it all together.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That is the only site I have ever seen with those results. I used to follow the console wars when I was younger, too much. Now I don't really care. But pretty much everywhere else I have seen claims an 8 million unit advantage to the Xbox. Now the PS2 just destroyed the original Xbox console, wasn't even close. So it'll be interesting to see how it plays out this time around. I for one will be getting the XboxOne. It makes sense, Windows computers, Windows Tablets (soonish), Xbox, Windows Phones, Xbox Music Pass. I really hope this generation of HW really brings it all together.

http://watchusplaygames.com/2013/01/14/ps3-outsells-xbox-360-worldwide-in-total-sales-january-2013/

This one pretty much says the same thing. They are neck and neck worldwide with the 360 having a lead here in NA and in the minds of critics, winning this past generation.

Personally, I could give a flying fig who wins some imaginary competition. I currently have a 360, Wii, Wii u, 3DS, PS2. I might go with PS4 on the basis of skipping the PS3. But its all gonna depend on price and who innovates with their games.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
So, then what when at E3 MS actually presents the games and is now on pretty much equal footing with PS4 that oh-so-heavily focused on gaming? We have two consoles that get the same games + different exclusives, but at this time the xbox one is known to do alot more in addition to the games that are obviously coming to both consoles?

Unfortunately, I have every reason to be skeptical on what sort of games MS will be presenting to E3 this year. Last year, they dropped the ball quite a bit given they focused mostly on Kinect, which once again, turned a lot of gamers off. Sony was average, but they mainly dropped the ball emphasizing their PS Move. I don't remember much about Nintendo's. I am also skeptical on how many of these "IPs" are ones they plan to sustain or if they plan to be "casual" games like Kinect Dance Off. It's not like MS never came out with exclusives. It's that they were one and done. Hence why people joke if Xbox ever made a "Super Smash" it would just be Master Chief and everybody from GoW. Those games sell really well, but there's not much diversity and emphasis put on creating exclusives and expanding upon them.

I'll sit and wait for E3 to see what games they have, but like I said, I'm gonna stay being a skeptic. By then, they better have concrete answers on everything from used games to the whole "online" only stuff.

What world do you live in where the PS3 sold more? It may have out sold the 360 during PS3 launch. The 360 has had a commanding lead over the PS3 month to month and overall in about every region but Japan (possibly others). Home*-*nexgenwars.com

I really have nothing to say about that. It seems to be only taking into account US sales given the numbers are so low. Video Game Charts, Game Sales, Top Sellers, Game Data - VGChartz is more accurate, and you only have to google or bing to have an idea of what I'm talking about. The IDC did a full blown research into the topic and stated that as of December 2012, the PS3 had surpassed the 360 in sales world wide.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I have every reason to be skeptical on what sort of games MS will be presenting to E3 this year. Last year, they dropped the ball quite a bit given they focused mostly on Kinect, which once again, turned a lot of gamers off. Sony was average, but they mainly dropped the ball emphasizing their PS Move. I don't remember much about Nintendo's. I am also skeptical on how many of these "IPs" are ones they plan to sustain or if they plan to be "casual" games like Kinect Dance Off. It's not like MS never came out with exclusives. It's that they were one and done. Hence why people joke if Xbox ever made a "Super Smash" it would just be Master Chief and everybody from GoW. Those games sell really well, but there's not much diversity and emphasis put on creating exclusives and expanding upon them.

I'll sit and wait for E3 to see what games they have, but like I said, I'm gonna stay being a skeptic. By then, they better have concrete answers on everything from used games to the whole "online" only stuff.

I really have nothing to say about that. It seems to be only taking into account US sales given the numbers are so low. Video Game Charts, Game Sales, Top Sellers, Game Data - VGChartz is more accurate, and you only have to google or bing to have an idea of what I'm talking about. The IDC did a full blown research into the topic and stated that as of December 2012, the PS3 had surpassed the 360 in sales world wide.

Do you think last year was disappointment maybe because they were holding off on more games until the new consoles were released this year?

And some of us enjoy Kinect games like Dance Central, its good to get off your *** sometimes and actually move.

and I don't get why you keep knocking Microsoft's exclusives. Halo is one of the biggest game franchises ever. And Forza is or has taken over as the racing game king. GT lost its marbles years ago.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL @ the front page story of the Xbox One going on sale for $800 being deleted...

I was wondering about that. I saw that story on the WPCentral Twitter feed but when I tried to read the article it was gone.

It seems strange that it just vanished, usually if an article has wrong info it is corrected.

Either way, $800? Ouch.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Also, when talking about this "focusing on games" and "useless extra stuff", while I think that Xbox 360 still had better off-gaming features than PS3, one can't ignore that PS3 was very popular as pretty much a glorified blu-ray player. It's exactly the same with Xbox One now, it's added functionality that has directly very little to do with gaming, but makes the device lucrative for a wider audience.

I was wondering about that. I saw that story on the WPCentral Twitter feed but when I tried to read the article it was gone.

It seems strange that it just vanished, usually if an article has wrong info it is corrected.

Either way, $800? Ouch.

Basically it had no informational value whatsoever, all it said that Amazon has listed Xbox One preorder for 800$. Naturally they have no idea about the price and will downscale it and when the price is confirmed, they lower the price for all pre-orderers.

This finnish webstore has an option to preorder the X1 for 999€, and just say that price and availability will be fixed when it becomes available, nothing worth reporting there.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't even know where that news would even come from. Like hell it would be 900 lol.

Do you think last year was disappointment maybe because they were holding off on more games until the new consoles were released this year?

In regards to 360 games I mean. Not much going for them last year at E3.
And some of us enjoy Kinect games like Dance Central, its good to get off your *** sometimes and actually move.

Yes, that's why I go to the gym, lift weights, do plyometrics and play basketball. Don't get me wrong, cool stuff if you find a healthy lifestyle in playing those games, but I want to relax when I play mine.

]and I don't get why you keep knocking Microsoft's exclusives. Halo is one of the biggest game franchises ever. And Forza is or has taken over as the racing game king. GT lost its marbles years ago.

I never griped about knocking the exclusives MS has. I've repeatedly stated, that MS didn't have ENOUGH exclusives. They heavily relied on their big 3 (GoW, Halo, and Forza) + Third Party games.

The problem with the 360 was outside of those, there wasn't much going for it. If you're mainly a third party gamer (EA or CoD), then it doesn't really matter which console you have. But with Sony, I could at least know they were shelling out first party games per year, and thus, I have more options to choose from. I'm not necessarily going to play Ratchet and Clank, but I do love me some Metal Gear Solid.

Halo is a great franchise, but I'm not really a FPS guy. So eliminate CoD, GoW, and Halo from the equation. Factor the fact a lot of people like me it's not worth buying an updated "Madden" every year, and what are you left it? Both consoles will carry other third parties like Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, etc. But if I want more, I have to look at Sony and see what other games they have to offer...which in turn are more due to their exclusiveness. Could you give me any of those games I've repeatedly listed like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear, etc? It's already been reported that in 2013, PS3 will be releasing 20 more exclusives. That's just ridiculous.

MS better embrace more first party games for both "casual" audiences and ones like me who want games, because it would suck to see them lose out in the third party department, thus rendering them useless. It'd be like Nintendo. You just sit around waiting for the next Mario or Zelda game to come out. No one wants or deserves that.

Right now, MS has lost what people would deem as the "hardcore" audience, and they better make up for it at E3.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's funny that MS has stated that they'll talk about games, yet people still whine about their speculation in games.

Basically, people are whining about their own imaginations.

Blame your negative imaginations people!

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't even know where that news would even come from. Like hell it would be 900 lol.

In regards to 360 games I mean. Not much going for them last year at E3.

Yes, that's why I go to the gym, lift weights, do plyometrics and play basketball. Don't get me wrong, cool stuff if you find a healthy lifestyle in playing those games, but I want to relax when I play mine.

I never griped about knocking the exclusives MS has. I've repeatedly stated, that MS didn't have ENOUGH exclusives. They heavily relied on their big 3 (GoW, Halo, and Forza) + Third Party games.

The problem with the 360 was outside of those, there wasn't much going for it. If you're mainly a third party gamer (EA or CoD), then it doesn't really matter which console you have. But with Sony, I could at least know they were shelling out first party games per year, and thus, I have more options to choose from. I'm not necessarily going to play Ratchet and Clank, but I do love me some Metal Gear Solid.

Halo is a great franchise, but I'm not really a FPS guy. So eliminate CoD, GoW, and Halo from the equation. Factor the fact a lot of people like me it's not worth buying an updated "Madden" every year, and what are you left it? Both consoles will carry other third parties like Dishonored, Assassin's Creed, etc. But if I want more, I have to look at Sony and see what other games they have to offer...which in turn are more due to their exclusiveness. Could you give me any of those games I've repeatedly listed like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Metal Gear, etc? It's already been reported that in 2013, PS3 will be releasing 20 more exclusives. That's just ridiculous.

MS better embrace more first party games for both "casual" audiences and ones like me who want games, because it would suck to see them lose out in the third party department, thus rendering them useless. It'd be like Nintendo. You just sit around waiting for the next Mario or Zelda game to come out. No one wants or deserves that.

Right now, MS has lost what people would deem as the "hardcore" audience, and they better make up for it at E3.

MS never "had" the hardcore audience, so they never lost anything. The Play Station has always been the more powerful box with more exclusives. Yet Microsoft gained market share (actually had more up until a few months ago) through the really good exclusives they did have and other benefits of Xbox.

You are dismissing the Xbox One because of your hardcore gaming appetite but really have no clue what MS will bring game wise yet. In the same way that Play Station 3 was better for hardcore gamers, Xbox (and Xbox One) is better for non-hardcore gamers and for people who are not even into games. PS3 had the benefit of being a Blu-Ray player in addition to games. So it made sense for some non-hardcore gamers to get it for the dual functionality. With Xbox One, Play Station has lost that edge. And now, Xbox has an even bigger edge because they are expanding the entertainment functionality in a way PS4 is not and I highly doubt ever will.

If you're mainly a third party gamer (EA or CoD), then it doesn't really matter which console you have.

BS! I AM a third party gamer and the only game I play is CoD (on a regular basis). But I chose Xbox because it does offer more for me. It has SkyDrive, Xbox Music, etc.. I can play music from my computer to my Xbox (Stereo System) with one click of a button, or from my phone or tablet. Even the current gen Xbox is more than just a gaming device.

Xbox One has the opportunity to grab a much larger marketshare that has never even been in the game console industry. Even if they don't grab as much of the hardcore gaming audience, they will more than make up for it with their more general appeal to consumers. I hate to say it, but the hardcore gamers like you are just a sliver of the market. And most hardcore gamers are willing to fork out money for BOTH systems eventually, so even then Xbox One may get their share of the market.

MS "better" do what they know is best based on their research and knowledge of their market. Bench commentators like you who think they know best about what MS should do really haven't a slightest clue what MS should actually do.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
MS never "had" the hardcore audience, so they never lost anything. The Play Station has always been the more powerful box with more exclusives. Yet Microsoft gained market share (actually had more up until a few months ago) through the really good exclusives they did have and other benefits of Xbox.

For someone who has been tooting the whole, "You don't know..." factor, I'm going to go ahead and say that you don't know if MS will succeed this generation with the same audience. Who would have thought that the PS3 would have fallen off the cliff compared to their success from the PS2? Who would have thought that the Wii would win last gen's console war?

You are dismissing the Xbox One because of your hardcore gaming appetite but really have no clue what MS will bring game wise yet.

I've already addressed this..."I'll sit and wait for E3 to see what games they have, but like I said, I'm gonna stay being a skeptic. By then, they better have concrete answers on everything from used games to the whole "online" only stuff." Talk about selective reading.

BS! I AM a third party gamer and the only game I play is CoD (on a regular basis). But I chose Xbox because it does offer more for me. It has SkyDrive, Xbox Music, etc.. I can play music from my computer to my Xbox (Stereo System) with one click of a button, or from my phone or tablet. Even the current gen Xbox is more than just a gaming device.

What does being a third party gamer have to do with Xbox Music, Skydrive, etc? You should be calling yourself more of a "casual" gamer rather than a third party gamer. You don't see much difference if you choose to buy CoD, Dishonored, Madden, AC, Bioshock on either console. A third party gamer is not really going to care about those features you just mentioned. They just want to play games. Period.

Xbox One has the opportunity to grab a much larger marketshare that has never even been in the game console industry. Even if they don't grab as much of the hardcore gaming audience, they will more than make up for it with their more general appeal to consumers. I hate to say it, but the hardcore gamers like you are just a sliver of the market. And most hardcore gamers are willing to fork out money for BOTH systems eventually, so even then Xbox One may get their share of the market.

There's a reason why it's called "console wars". Most people do not fork out money for both. Yes there are a lot of casuals who will play CoD and Halo, and that is why these games sell the most. But if you think the hardcore gamer only encompasses a "sliver" of the market, then companies wouldn't be having high budgets for games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Bioshock, etc. Uncharted 2 alone cost 20 million to make. There would not be enough of a profit return to justify spending much to make a game like that in the first place if the audience was so small.

MS "better" do what they know is best based on their research and knowledge of their market. Bench commentators like you who think they know best about what MS should do really haven't a slightest clue what MS should actually do.

Yes, I'm sure their "research and knowledge" propelled their Surface and WP sales...

What have I said here that is nothing but criticism? Every generation is different, and it's not guaranteed that MS will win the third party audience. I give them a good shot at the casual audience that encompasses people who are excited for the Kinect stuff. However, it wouldn't matter much if the third party audience is lost. The 360 currently owns that audience, but ask Sony how that went when they transitioned from the PS2 to the PS3.

And I will reiterate this once more, that conference was a joke. Mom, dad, little Jacob are not watching this. The gamers and those into tech are. Why don't you "step outside" WP for a while, and take a look at the negative reactions MS is getting right now, or would you prefer I link a bunch of blogs and websites? A lot will be hinging on MS to do some great things at E3, but once again, their recent history suggests otherwise.

But hey, if you want a console that's an all around entertainment hub, go for it. I'm going to stick to the more powerful console that I know has already stated their main audience is gamers. As I said earlier on, I could care less about sales. If they want my dollar, they better give me some games. That simple.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that many people who classify themselves as "gamers" want to be coddled.

Having good games isn't enough. A company has to tell them that they're the main focus and everyone else is an afterthought.

You can't try to create a great experience for everyone. You have to baby them.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There's a reason why it's called "console wars". Most people do not fork out money for both. Yes there are a lot of casuals who will play CoD and Halo, and that is why these games sell the most. But if you think the hardcore gamer only encompasses a "sliver" of the market, then companies wouldn't be having high budgets for games like Tomb Raider, Uncharted, Bioshock, etc. Uncharted 2 alone cost 20 million to make. There would not be enough of a profit return to justify spending much to make a game like that in the first place if the audience was so small.

Uncharted is a first party game - by a developer supported (financially too btw) by Sony themselves to make games exclusively for them.

Every single other game you pointed out is multi-platform to help offset the cost of the game by giving it out to the largest amount of people possible...

Just a question too - which of those blogs and websites with the negative reactions are going to be read by mom, dad, and little Jacob? I've seen a lot of positive press on places like... USA Today, CNN, Forbes, etc... a lot more people are going to read that than anything else...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss