So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well this is interesting. The webstore that I was pulling the preorder rankings from before just popped up in a targeted google ad.. they were advertising that you can preorder the Xbox One and it's available on christmas etc. First ad I've seen advertise X1 preorders like this. Like as a google ad!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well this is interesting. The webstore that I was pulling the preorder rankings from before just popped up in a targeted google ad.. they were advertising that you can preorder the Xbox One and it's available on christmas etc. First ad I've seen advertise X1 preorders like this. Like as a google ad!
My problem with companies throwing up preorders like this is that without an official price they are going to ask for people to sign up at a much higher price to cover "losses" or consumer backlash if they put a preorder price in at a low amount. Not that they will charge the higher amount (although some could). There are many people who don't understand how this process works, and report on the Xbox One (or whatever highly anticipated product) being expensive and bla bla bla. Additionally, this also leads to falsely rumored release dates, because the retailer guesses, usually a later date to be safe (Christmas is safe). COD: Ghosts is coming out November 5th for both new consoles... I highly doubt they'll be releasing the game on a platform that is not out yet, and I imagine the developer has been assured by both Sony and MS that their consoles will both be out on or before that date. If COD: Ghosts gets delayed, I imagine that there is a solid chance that one or both of the consoles won't be ready by November 5th. But of course, that's my guess ;) I could throw a wrench in the works though by claiming the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions could be the only ones releasing on November 5th... but who knows :p

Have there been PS4 preorder ads tho? I'm curious if this retailer anticipates Xbox One to be the bigger/more popular product.

I am starting to get a bit excited for this, but I need to see what games will be available at launch and I want to know more about how I can use my OTA HD tuner with the Xbox One for TV. I also want to know if Rockstar will have a version of GTA V for Xbox One - that could also be a factor (not that I'm getting rid of my 360, but I want to take advantage of all Xbox One has to offer if I do pay full launch price)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you on the preorder ads and all that, said company has the preorder price at 999€ with cat sized red letters that pricing will be fixed when known and everyone get the excess refunded.

The point was more so, like you asked, that they actually do a google ad on X1 preorders, but I've yet to see the same for PS4. That said, this was the first and only one I've seen so far, so it's not like it's that much either. As I mentioned a page or two back, this store has had more preorders for X1 than PS4 ("Most popular recently" has the X1 at spot 1 purchased while PS4 is at spot 4)

dlusted

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I definitely getting the X1, I was in store preordering mine the very next day after the announcement!

I don't get all these rants of MS aren't concentrating on "gamers" and that Sony and their PS4. I could have sworn I saw Forza 5 shown which has been a huge hit since ORG Xbox, and is one of the "Gamer" games!

So what, MS has added more functionality to the X1.... But does it really warrant all the "TV, TV, TV etc etc" videos on YouTube.
I'd rather have more substance for my investment..... At least I can get rid of my Blu-Ray Player and my DVR now and save some space on my TV cabinet.

And, at least MS actually shown the ENTIRE console and not "oh, these are the specs but there's no unit to show; but this is how we've changed our controller".

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely going to get one of these. Not going to pre-order yet until I know more about vendors/deals.

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Scratch my name off this list. Today's revelations are just too much for me to stomach. I'll get a better universal remote for my wife and see where Sony goes with DRM and connectivity on PS4. :cry:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Scratch my name off this list. Today's revelations are just too much for me to stomach. I'll get a better universal remote for my wife and see where Sony goes with DRM and connectivity on PS4. :cry:
Pure curiosity here, but what if Sony goes the same way? There are already indications and hints that Sony may be going a similar - if not the same - route with their DRM, at the very least. I'm getting the indication that the industry is going this way. I imagine they might pull something different than 24 hour check-ins though.

So, WHAT IF? Wait it out and hope that they loosen their restrictions due to seeing consumer reactions in the real world? I'm honestly curious... and I honestly have a feeling that Microsoft wouldn't pull something this drastic if Sony weren't also doing something similar (otherwise, well, Sony could be getting a ton more business)

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be waiting about 2 years for price drops and model revisions anyways. Maybe by then, consumers will have voted with their wallets and eliminated this DRM nonsense.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Getting one was always dependent on Xbox having the same great games as last year. That really hasn't changed despite the new policies. Honestly, they don't affect me that much. And if publishers decide they'd rather support the new DRM scheme then I'll most likely go where the publishers go. Still, I'm not a fan of how strict the system is. 24 hours is a crappy length of time. Routers do break. Had one break on me. Ordered a new one off Amazon and it took like 4-5 days to get here. So one day after my router is gone and I have to move my entire system to directly plug it into the Ethernet port. It just sounds highly annoying. But, like I said, if the games are there I will be too.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Think people are reading too much into that 24 hour business. There has to be a way the Xbox One can function as a games console without connection to the internet.

As an example - What happens if you move house? I rent where I live and move every two years and when moving it can take up to a month to get broadband arranged and online. You telling me I cant use my Xbox One for the duration while BT/Virgin etc. get the lines sorted out?

***Edit to Moderators***
Didn't see the - How Xbox One Licensing will work thread - If you feel my comment needs moving please do so

Last edited:

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Pure curiosity here, but what if Sony goes the same way? There are already indications and hints that Sony may be going a similar - if not the same - route with their DRM, at the very least. I'm getting the indication that the industry is going this way. I imagine they might pull something different than 24 hour check-ins though.

So, WHAT IF? Wait it out and hope that they loosen their restrictions due to seeing consumer reactions in the real world? I'm honestly curious... and I honestly have a feeling that Microsoft wouldn't pull something this drastic if Sony weren't also doing something similar (otherwise, well, Sony could be getting a ton more business)
If Sony goes the same way, I just won't feel compelled to buy into the next generation. In that case I actually might buy a PS3 as there are a lot of Sony exclusives and RPGs I've never played that could keep me happy for a long time.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I official have One on preorder.... Was surprised, the GameStop I ordered from said they are only promised 14... And on top of that, the 14 they are getting is more than most GameStops in my area.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers