So, who's getting an Xbox One?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Pre ordered but I'm gonna sale it on eBay!
Cancel your preorder if it's not for you. What are you going to do, hope for limited supply and sell it for a much higher price? If there is limited supply, you will have just taken one away from someone else.

As someone who has had to fight for limited edition/limited initial supply products, only to later see hundreds flood eBay at ridiculously high prices, I find this process extremely shameful.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I can see the morality in not buying one so someone else can get it...but to those who won't get it...what were you doing when these things were available for preorder? Why did you wait and just not get it over with on day 1? First come first serve. If the person pays the money for it, they can do what they want.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Cancel your preorder if it's not for you. What are you going to do, hope for limited supply and sell it for a much higher price? If there is limited supply, you will have just taken one away from someone else.

As someone who has had to fight for limited edition/limited initial supply products, only to later see hundreds flood eBay at ridiculously high prices, I find this process extremely shameful.
I paid for it, it's my device and I can do what I please with it. It's not like I had any advantage over others when placing the preorder. Plus no one forces anyone to pay the premium price. Just because some of us are smarter than others doesn't make the process shameful. I think it's shameful for people who can't wait and pay more to get the device as it's somehow a necessity

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Preordered... just in case. I can always cancel later, but I foresee super short supply for the holidays so if I decide I want it, I'd want it over the holidays.

And I'm fairly sure I am not cancelling my preorder. It's either Xbox One or hunker down with ye olde 360. PS4 just doesn't entice me that much.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i was to get one this holiday in the US....BUT NOW I CAN'T, my country (Colombia) it's not supported for Xbox One

Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information - Xbox.com

Sure i can still buy one but when i take it here to my country the console and the games i bought will not work at all, just a pretty rock next to my tv
Unless you bought all the games (and probably DVDs and stuff) in the US.

Sorry, that sucks though. Hopefully they work on expanding very quickly.

tatotiburon

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Unless you bought all the games (and probably DVDs and stuff) in the US.

Sorry, that sucks though. Hopefully they work on expanding very quickly.

That's the best part, i always import my games from the US and play them in my consoles here in Colombia without issues

But now with Xbox One i can't do it

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Microsoft won't let me activate the games i bought in the US here in the country that i'm living right now....that sucks!....i have a US account since day one, i don't know if it will work as in xbox 360

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft won't let me activate the games i bought in the US here in the country that i'm living right now....that sucks!....i have a US account since day one, i don't know if it will work as in xbox 360
That's right... the activation and game checks. They'll know you're not in a supported region. Why does Microsoft always have licensing issues all over the world? I mean, seriously.. I completely understand that different countries have vastly different rules and licensing can be tough, but what would stop Microsoft from completely unlocking the Xbox One for global play in all regions?

I have to wonder if it has something to do with Microsoft being a US corporation, while Sony is Japanese? (In my admittedly very quick search, it looks like Sony Computer Entertainment makes the Playstation hardware, and that's the Japan-based parent company of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, which handles the advertising and marketing of the Playstation)

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping the game only has to come from the same region as the console that way I can still use my console overseas. If not I may well have no option but get a PS4 as Thailand is not listed for 2014 release.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My UK Pre-order on Amazon has just been changed to the Day One edition.

Coolio - will have a word with my local Game where my preorder is and check out what they say - From what you've said im now assuming that all of the first batch will be day one editions

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
i was to get one this holiday in the US....BUT NOW I CAN'T, my country (Colombia) it's not supported for Xbox One

Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information - Xbox.com

Sure i can still buy one but when i take it here to my country the console and the games i bought will not work at all, just a pretty rock next to my tv

Yep not impressed that all Xbox ones will be region locked to the country of sale. Only way around this mess is to set up a VPN to the country you console was purchased. Not sure if I willing to put up with the extra hassle and expense of doing this or switch to a PS4. Microsoft has left the whole of Asia a PS4 only option and lost the potential to pick up tens of millions of sales in the first year. Very poor planning Microsoft Very poor.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how MS did in other Asian countries, but far as Japan goes...360 was just an afterthought to people there.

Thailand is dominate buy the PS3 as well. Windows phone has been selling extremely well here I see them everywhere had to wait 4 weeks to get a Nokia 920. And they just started selling the Surface so I am surprised Microsoft did not mention Thailand on the list of countries getting the Xbox one in 2014.
I am guessing Microsoft is not bothered about Asia and have left it to the PS 4, Buy the time they release it here XB1 will be irrelevant.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo