So, who's getting an Xbox One?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I want one but, I will wait out till the DRM levels are confirmed and if there is a work-around for people with spotty internet. I will have one at one point but, when is a different story.

There is still a few months for MS to work that out...

leviathan18

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Pre ordered with 4 games Ryse Forza 5 QB and FFXV

Now, to the new issue if they really lock them to the 21 countries they are launching the console, I will be screwed... I live in Panama and my xbox 360 works fine my account is a US account (live is not supported in Panama) and I'm used to import my stuff (had to do it also with my 920) The level of support of MS here in Panama is 0 Sony and Nintendo take all the cake here, they do launch parties, release day game parties with stores opening at mid night, 3D mapping projection over landmark buildings with game trailers for the PS3.... I'm a PS3 and Wii owner yet I hate to see no support for my 360 here in Panama, I love MS products, but they forgot about this country or most of latin america (same in Venezuela, born there moved to Panama 3 years ago)

michfan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I ended up pre-ordering a One. I was ready to switch to PS4, but their E3 presentation was just awful. Still not 100% that I'll go through with it, as MS just can't seem to get their PR act together and I'm growing tired of the stupid remarks from Mattrick and Co. Someone needs to put a muzzle on these guys and find a spokesman capable of communicating outside of the boardroom.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I ended up pre-ordering a One. I was ready to switch to PS4, but their E3 presentation was just awful. Still not 100% that I'll go through with it, as MS just can't seem to get their PR act together and I'm growing tired of the stupid remarks from Mattrick and Co. Someone needs to put a muzzle on these guys and find a spokesman capable of communicating outside of the boardroom.
That would be Major Nelson, and they really need to unleash that guy. He has admitted to them not pulling off PR well so far, will be working on getting answers to tough questions, ensuring positive press about features the Xbox One has for the future, and even mentioned them possibly having a long term plan for indie game development and self publishing, but couldn't share more details. He said family share is still being worked on but he is actively trying to get everything he can out of it to share asap (but admits that may be a while until they finish it up), and has committed to a reddit AMA (ask me anything) closer to launch. All this was found on some thread in reddit, where people were talking about his interview with their reddit spokesperson. He just popped in and spent some time replying to random comments. I really hope they put the guy on the frontlines more.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it...kinda not smart to preorder a console you're not sure will be working properly in your country?

I went ahead and pre ordered as well,There is always the option to cancel the order closer too the release date if we find out there is no way to get the console working.
Just hope Microsoft decide to change the country lock out off imported consoles, if they do XB1 will work OS, if not I will most likely set up a VPN to allow mine to work. I Have invested heavily in Microsoft products [3 WMP, 2 Surface RTs, 1 Surface Pro 1 Xbox 360 and 2 Win 8 PC] I am looking forward to using the smart glass features with the Surface.

Last edited:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think this will be the first system I buy that I won't buy a game with it. I'm just going to download the game from online ;). At least for the first few, just to see how that goes...

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Still undecided.
I have always been an Xbox gamer and it hurts to say but IMO the PS4 is currently winning. I think MS need to just come clean and clarify their policies in a manner that is easy to understand to everyone.
I'm based in the UK so not guaranteed that all the functions they showed off will even be available for me.

Always online - Doesn't bother me as I usually play multi-player games anyway (battlefield 4 will be a definite purchase)
Used games - Very rarely sell my games on

Xithryl

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Though it is number 1 on amazon right now, the rest of that list has like 7 things pertaining to the PS4. I do love seeing the Xbox One in that number 1 spot though :p Perhaps a lot of people are just getting the console through Amazon? I know that is what I am doing, simply because come November I don't know where I will be for sure and I wanted the Day One edition, everything else I will pick up locally.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Though it is number 1 on amazon right now, the rest of that list has like 7 things pertaining to the PS4. I do love seeing the Xbox One in that number 1 spot though :p Perhaps a lot of people are just getting the console through Amazon? I know that is what I am doing, simply because come November I don't know where I will be for sure and I wanted the Day One edition, everything else I will pick up locally.

I'm not sure if the PS4 "bundles" are launch day guaranteed. With that being said, you figure X1 would have to rise at some point to a sold out PS4 Launch Day console.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb